New: Gatherings and events in Oman

Hi,

Would you like to have a coffee, organize a dinner or find people for activities in Oman?

To help you meet people and find outings in Oman, we launched a Gatherings and Events section in Oman: you can now follow what's going on in your area and make the most of your time off.

You can also create events and organize a gathering with the Expat.com members.

How to create a gathering?

On the Events in Oman page, click on “Post an event”.
Fill in the form with the details related to the gathering: date, place, hour… and post your event.

It's now time to invite the other members! You can opt for a public event or a private one (Invitation or Invitation plus).

To send invites, click on “Invite friends” on your event page and select who you wish to invite.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/contact-invite/en.jpg

Get informed of who is coming through this page and get in touch with the other members or add pictures of the events in the comments.

https://www.expat.com/images/misc/screen-topic/comment-photo/en.jpg

A photo album dedicated to the event will then be created.

What do you think of this new feature?

Thanks,

Julien

thats a good way .

So who's gonna do that 😬

Waiting for it...

Awaiting for the same/// Just arrived in Muscat... Do keep me updated... *

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

I m waiting where is event going on

Why not you....

good

Good to have friends

just update with information

OlenaMH wrote:

just update with information

what do you mean?

who is the coordinator .

thanks

Who will be the first host?!

I am not coordinator for sure! I am new im Oman

Ho how are you i like to gathers group of people from different cultures

This is fantastic Julien, it would save my time posting in the forum. For everybody's info the group we initiated in 2013 has grown and with regular members who participates, but 90% of those who showed interest didn't show up not even once. I would reconsider posting our activities again but we want serious joiners/participants only.

I would appreciate if in future whenever a meets happens if you can notify me or post on same thread, i would definitely try to come.

Ajay

I like to meet more people and good time together

Hey Guys,

I just came from India, so no plans of going there during Eid holidays. If anyone is planning for a group meetup/hiking/trekking, please inform me too.

Thanks,
Kapil

We are organizing a meet up on Thursday night at AL Makhan Cafe Beach Road 8pm. Agenda is Eid holidays trip, this is your opportunity to meet other expats and once we meet you personally we will add you in the WhatsApp group.

I will join you on thursday. And introduce myself

Sunny2016 wrote:

I will join you on thursday. And introduce myself

Great!
Look forward to see you there.

hexebella wrote:

Al Makhan Cafe Beach Road 8pm. .

If only I was there  :(

Great. See you there.

gunner757 wrote:
hexebella wrote:

Al Makhan Cafe Beach Road 8pm. .

If only I was there  :(

Taal Tariq! It's Eid holiday.....

My search for Al Makan leads to two results: one is in/near Muscat Grand Mall and another near Royal Opera House.

Which one is our meeting point?

Sorry I am new here, couldn't find a beach road.

The one in beach road, near opera house, it's the road going to crowne plaza.
See you there!

Thanks hexebella. See you there.

Thanks

My wife and I would like to come to this.  Is there a special ex-pat section of the cafe (i.e. is there an obvious way to realize who you are), or should we just ask people if they are expats :)?

Probably, once I reach there I will look for people who look as lost as I am.  :)

Alright. I am already here. Sitting outside, next to the big screen. Easy to find.

Sorry guys had no chance to look in here during the day, I'm here now and seating in the open area of AL make an,  happy kappyou came, fantastic

Correction. ..seated

Sorry guys had no chance to look in here during the day, I'm here now and seating in the open area of AL make an,  happy kappyou came, fantastic

https://scontent-sit4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14207870_10154298417536391_631484503611644495_o.jpg

https://scontent-sit4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14242442_10154298417656391_8611867068190070993_o.jpg

Thanks for those who participated last night.....

Outdoor trip will be to wadi dimmah on Saturday 10 September

Meeting place at AL Meera supermarket Azaibah at 8am
Those who wish to come back to muscat in the evening may do so
Those who wish to camp for the night can stay
Bring your own stuff food, beverages, extra clothes for swimming and changing

For camping
Bring your tent, sleeping bags flash lights, etc.

Not possible for me this time but join you latter sometime.
Thanks

Hi,
I will visit Muscat in the next few weeks, do you speak farsi and english?
Please contact me because I've some questions about Muscat and I have a limited time there.
Thanks .