What means happiness to you?

Hi,

Please share me your ideas about happiness, I thank you in advance.

A cold beer after a hard days work... :cheers:

Scarcity of sadness is Happiness....

1). My computers to work well.

2). Internet connection to work like a breeze.

3). To stay inspired.

4). To hear good news from my close associates.

A fine chap known as Rakesh has all the answers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thoughts-Quotes … 0955221609

Being satisfied and content with what I have; hoping for the best and expecting the worst; guaranteed to keep one happy.

denztavz wrote:

Hi,

Please share me your ideas about happiness, I thank you in advance.

Hi there, :)

How about you: what does happiness mean to you?  :/

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Happiness is dancing in the rain.

Aha, dancing to the sound of raindrops. :)

What dance fits the natural rhythm of downpours? :/
You must also specify what kind of rain you recommend: hot, summer rain, cold rain or acid rain? :/

I am ready to start dancing but I need precise instructions on the type of rain. Please advise!
:D

Even i too ready to dance in the rain but want to know the type of RAIN.

How about a dance in "Bah-rain"? :)

Sincere Happiness is Joy and Gratitude combined together  :) You can choose to be happy anytime simply by thinking about it. Isnt it great to know that happiness is simply a choice. Keep on smilin everyone  :D

Farhaz wrote:

How about a dance in "Bah-rain"? :)

:D  That too ...  :lol:

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
teaminfinity wrote:

You can choose to be happy anytime simply by thinking about it. Isnt it great to know that happiness is simply a choice.

Very true.  Too many people wait for others to make them happy.  We're all in charge of our own happiness.

Can we also be in charge of making other people happy?   :(

Happiness is to be content with everything, your choices, decisions, memories, thoughts, dreams, your limitations, your freedom, your ambition, your success, your work, your love... simply to be content with life :)

happiness is when you are satisfied and appreciate  with what you have, thats happiness to me

Happiness is remembering all the good times you have had with family and friends.
Thinking of all you have achieved in your life.
Happiness is free so be grateful you have had probably done many things that others have not.

Feeling a sense of accomplishment, of moving forward in life, of personal growth.

When you are not sad then you are happy .....but there is something more than happiness and sadness...because happiness and sadness will end but that will not....?

I just got a simple meaning of HAPPINESS,

as long as my conscience is clean & I didn't harm anyone.

that's makes me happy...

maeann wrote:

I just got a simple meaning of HAPPINESS,

as long as my conscience is clean & I didn't harm anyone.

that's makes me happy...

All great words or things have very simple meaning.....
When conscience is clean you can't do harm to anyone.....

Happiness is not something ready made, it comes from our own action.

For me happiness is when you have reached all your dreams and  dont want to change anything.

being in thailand,with my  sisters and my dog is the happiness for me :)

Its really strange to know what does happiness means....it differs from person to person....

To find good job

Having God's love :)

We dont live in a mansion,
have a beach house by the sea.
We may not drive a fancy car,
or fit in high society.

We dont have a live-in maid,
a huge closet full of clothes.
A big yacht, we havent got,
or a tree where money grows.

But many who have all of this,
and more, in great amounts.
never find true happiness,
and thats what really counts.

We have a loving family,
and friends who mean so much
Everything we need, or want,
is within our fingers touch.

No one could be happier.
True happiness is love.
For all our many blessings
we thank dear God above,

Happiness is something u feel within rest all is proverb or saying but something makes u feel better, comfortable and satisified is happiness

A cold beer on a hot day...

...the first cup of coffee in the morning.

Happiness is all the little things that make life awesome :)

Happiness is waking up in the morning and liking the guy that is starring back at you in the mirror.  If you have this then you are doing something right :)

Bob K

Happiness is that 'YAY' feeling you get when you win a lottery :)

I have never won a lottery so I have the 'YAY'feeling to look forward to

stumpy wrote:

I have never won a lottery so I have the 'YAY'feeling to look forward to

Me Neither... But i am sure im gonna say "YAY" if i do win one ...thinking about its possibility alone ..gives me the feeling of happiness..

happines is when am happy.

chikky3 wrote:

happines is when am happy.

The question is 'what makes you happy?'

aw yeah.

having hgh speed internet.

Independence, Freedom, Unconditional Love, Peace.

That's a tough question!  People have been searching the meaning of happiness for centuries... Aristotle, Seneca and Epicuris, to mention a few of our ancient philosophers, mulled over this question over a cup of mead many a day I'm sure! The problem with trying to define happiness, I think, is that while trying to do so it raises more questions than it answers!

Is happiness a result of pleasure?
is pleasure a by-product of happiness?
Is happiness achieved through resignation, acceptance, reason and wisdom?  No matter what it is we must accept our situation to allow ourselves to deal with life and produce happiness?
Is happiness a result of being just... the outcomes in one's life are improved.  Good standing and reputation are rewarded and produce a much happier and more pleasant existence?
Is happiness produced by practicing reason, intellectual pleasure, integration of morality and acting in a reasonable manner?

If the ancient philosophers couldn't answer it I sure as hell can't! But I'll give it a stab..... I think that happiness is a feeling.... produced by how you view life.  How you view life is dependent on so many factors from individual perspective, to relationships to family and friends, finances, abilities and being in a position to do and be what you can do and be! Bottom line..... being free to fulfill your full potential and being able to resist others desires to mold you to their version of you:)

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR