Kiwi wanting to move to Denmark.

Hi all.

I'm needing some advice here.
I've been invited by my Danish boyfriend to move to him in Århus. It's been a dream of mine for my entire life to move to Scandinavia (I'm 22). I have no connection to NZ whatsoever. I don't fit in with the culture here and would move to Denmark to be with my bf (who wants to marry me) asap.
Trouble is actually being able to get there. I'm a stay at home mum (he's a willing step father to my daughter) and my baby's father won't let me take her out of the country just to control me. He wants me to suffer. I am hoping he will change his mind and make a compromise so she could spend time in both Countries (but that is another issue). Basically I know I have to live with my bf for a year and be 24 before we can marry. My issue being how am I supposed to live with him for 12 months if I can't qualify for a residence? Will it count if he comes over here and marries me in NZ? Can we then move back to Denmark? I have no qualifications and I feel my best bet is to apply for a working holiday, but I feel like that would be way too hard leaving my daughter for that period of time. I'm going over to Denmark in Feb for a holiday.
I'm stuck. Every possible way I think of to make this work seems so freaking hard, impossible.

Advice?

Try to check the website newindenmark.dk and see what options are available.

As you probably know, there's the 24 years old rule that means you can only be family reunited with your non Danish spouse if you're both over 24.

I could only think that you two should get married to get family reunification, but if this is the way you two choose, make sure you are both aware of the consequences. Your boyfriend needs to secure 50,000 kr in advance for "guarantee money" and have a reasonable size apartment, reasonable job and salary in order to be able to support you. In many ways this kind of relationship is "unbalanced" because he'll be the one who will be "responsible" for you. Now I do not know how good your relationship is, but I could only testify that a lot of relationship cannot withstand the "test", besides living abroad isn't as easy as it looks from the outside.

There's the depressing weather, the pressure of learning Danish (and when I say pressure, I mean huge pressure) and the possibility that you might only secure menial jobs if you don't have Danish education, and don't speak Danish. Make sure you both understand and know the consequences before deciding this.

As for your child, I am afraid I cannot give any input.