Obtaining CNP

Hello,

I cannot obtain CNP directly from immigration office in bucharest since I dont have European insurance card neither Romanian insurance). I have received a job offer from 1 company and they are asking me for CNP to be able to put me on payroll. I worked briefly for 1 company in Bucharest but they say they dont have my CNP (The new company`s HR tells me I should have is I was working in Bucharest).
I see no point buying health insurance separately since I will have it with new company.

Please advice in such case how to get/retrieve my CNP..

Thank you.
S

Cnp is fir Romanian citizen

Hi,

Not just for Romanian citizens but also for registered foreigners. I have a CNP but I'm an EU citizen.

I think you said you are Polish in another thread, right? If that's the case you just need to register your presence in Romania with the authorities (there's a special office for EU citizens) and then you'll get a certificate showing you're registered on Romanian territory and be issued with a CNP. To get that certificate, however, you do need to have health insurance, but only for the moment of application, so it's enough to go and get private health insurance just for one month in order to get the certificate and the CNP, after which you'll go on the books at your new company and you'll have state insurance.

Hi,

I have a payslip from June 14` from the former employer. Do you think it is enough to prove I have state insurance? Will they accept or I do I have to bring something else?

kr
S.

Actually, I've just been reading the MAI site and you might not need the insurance after all (read here)

I needed health insurance because at the time of application I wasn't employed, but if you ask your employer for a copy of your employment contract, then you can use that to get a registration certificate, which will give you a CNP, which the employer can then use to sign you up for health care and tax. Anyway, I suggest you got to the Autoritatea pentru Strainii in Bucharest and maybe asked them exactly what the potential employer needs to provide.