Hallo!

Hey All,
I am an online marketing professional, new to this forum and new to Frankfurt. I've come here from Toronto for a year on a travel and work permit to explore the culture, learn the language, and find myself gainful employment.

I'd love to hear of other people's experiences. For instance how difficult is it to find a decent job, how easy is it to find a job where little to no Deutsch is required etc.

Thank you.
Kinza

Hi Kinza,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction. I have moved your topic on the Frankfurt forum.

You might try to post an ad in the jobs in Frankfurt section as well.

Hi Kinza,

I don't want to alarm you but it is very difficult to find a position in Frankfurt as an American. I'm not sure why this is, I've never had a problem in any other country apart from Germany. I am going to have to return to the States in 2 months if I don't find something and although it's been hard I love it here. I speak fluent German and have 12 years experience in sales so I'm quite perplexed why I'm not getting the ancipated feedback. I hope your experience is more positive and you find a position quickly. Apart from language schools there aren't a lot of jobs in Germany that one can do with limited Deutsch..I do know UPS does hire non German speakers, but that is rare. Good luck and ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

Kind Regards,

Kirsten

Hi  I do agree with Kirsten, although I thought Frankfurt should have more jobs for English speakers . 
I feel is to be flexible at beginning and to start somewhere and slowly reconnect with your main line as possible and as you move on with German language . 

I would recommend to search for job and apply with German style resume and where ever they have jobs posted in English.You may like to start  at job widget at thelocal.de  (that worked for me) on right corner , its a search engine connected with many sites and will lead you to popular sites,.Next is to explore linkedin.com and xing.com website.   

One thing i have learnt here is that many jobs remain posted at company website and one has to apply directly at company sites,  so sometime is worth spending to upload your documents in company database as well . Build network through xing, linkedin or social sites like internations, meetsup.  Networking leads to jobs here much more faster in some areas.

I know one firm in Frankfurt which is a start up and have lots of non German speaker members in company and is looking for some new employees.

I hope something clicks out for you two in good time

wishes
Ashish