Looking for an apartment in the vicinity of the airport

Hi all,

I will be soon in Vietnam for a job, and i'm looking for an apartment. My request:
1 bedroom
1 living room
1 bathroom
A washing machine, Internet, kitchen and somewhere safe, not too small and functional in the vicinity of the airport.
The max rent per month 400USD

Cheers all

Welcome to Saigon!
Hope someone will help you!

Steevem wrote:

Hi all,

I will be soon in Vietnam for a job, and i'm looking for an apartment. My request:
1 bedroom
1 living room
1 bathroom
A washing machine, Internet, kitchen and somewhere safe, not too small and functional in the vicinity of the airport.

Cheers all

Here's the truth:  Nobody you can trust is going to find this for you and you can't trust 99% of the people online.  You need to find it on your own.  The good news is it's pretty easy.

Book a 3-star hotel in the district you're interested in.  You shouldn't have to pay more than $25 per night.  Then get to know the area, walk around, pay attention to the for-rent signs, talk to people, ask questions, etc.  There's lots of people like you, so don't be shy.  You may not find an ideal place right away, but you can easily find a decent month-to-month serviced 1-bedroom apartment for your price near the airport.  It might be a little small, but consider it temporary.  Then, once you've lived there a while, you will find something better.

Accomodation is NOT a problem in HCMC.  Just get your feet on the ground, meet people,make up your own mind, and forget about doing it online, as it just doesn't work that way.

[Moderated: No free ad]

Steevem wrote:

Hi all,

1 bedroom
1 living room
1 bathroom

Cheers all

There are a lot of choices in this area. When will you move here? Just stay in a hotel for 2-3 days and I will you a list for you to check yourself. And of course, I don't have any profit here.

I also agree with Dan somehow. If you don't have any idea where you live, it is rather confused with many information when the recommendation doesn't mean "good option". When I target any places, I usually pay a bit for coffee on the pavement because those people are very talkative, they will give you the exact information. But this is true for a Vietnamese. Not sure for an expat. You are limited by people who can speak English only.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

There are a lot of choices in this area. When will you move here? Just stay in a hotel for 2-3 days and I will you a list for you to check yourself. And of course, I don't have any profit here.

Steevem should hire you to help him.

hey Stevem
my name is Kelley Phan. I have been here in Vietnam for about 6 months now and in my neighborhood, Phu My Hung has some nice apartments that are just opening up for under 400. it has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, and kitchen with furniture.

my wife is also a Native Viet so she can do all the negotiations without being ripped off.

wish you the best of luck.
kelley

Hey Kelley, do you know where the airport is.

There are several services apartments near Nguyen Van Troi which I believe the rent for a studio is only around $350. It may take you few minutes to the airport and would be a safe place to stay. I once looked up that area but it's far from the centre where I work so I didnt take a note. However, my friends are happy with these services apartment around and they're foreigners, so I think you can try google with some key words like "services apartment in Phu Nhuan district" or "Nguyen Van Troi street". Good luck!

colinoscapee wrote:

if there was an lol question of the week, i would vote for yours..

Thanks for your help

Dejavu.dot wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

if there was an lol question of the week, i would vote for yours..

He could of said he had a place in Vung Tau, thats near an airport.

sorry, i have been so busy that i have forgotten to email you back. yes i do know where the airport is. are you still looking for a place. if so I can have my wife help you out and even speak for you so that you wont be ripped off. I hated the feeling of being ripped off cuz i am american so I am glad to have my wife help you.

Kelley Phan wrote:

sorry, i have been so busy that i have forgotten to email you back. yes i do know where the airport is. are you still looking for a place. if so I can have my wife help you out and even speak for you so that you wont be ripped off. I hated the feeling of being ripped off cuz i am american so I am glad to have my wife help you.

Kelley, D7 is no even close to the airport.

Yea, it is about 40 mins away from where I live, but I have an office near there so I stop by often, plus I have family there. so it isn't such a big deal for us to drive all the way over there to help you find a place. it makes us feel good and needed to help others. haha ha. but no pressure. just let us know if you need any help we would love to and if not then it is still perfectly fine with us.

good luck

welcome to Viet Nam,

wellome to Viet Nam

1.Its so stupid that vietnamese in Viet-Nam use Americans name.
2.They pretend to like a vietnamese overseas. 
3. They advice to contact this or contact that agency and lead you right to their place of offices, so they can rip you.
4. They would say like they don't like rip off newcomer or they hate people being rip off.

Find a cheap hotel and explore the city yourself Steven. Stay one week in a cheap hotel. The price is around 200 000 Vnd is good enough, good luck.

is it easy to say a vietnamese name?, most foreigners feel difficult to call someone in Vietnamese name, that is why Vietnamese in VN use American Name,,,,

0902891586 wrote:

is it easy to say a vietnamese name?, most foreigners feel difficult to call someone in Vietnamese name, that is why Vietnamese in VN use American Name,,,,

Not true, I ask people what their VN name is as I dont like using their western name.

Hi everybody,

We are off topic here !!

Can we please go back to the initial topic which is Looking for an apartment in the vicinity of the airport ?

Thank you,

Priscilla

Does it really matter Priscilla. Many people are leaving the site due to over moderation.

(moderated : advertising is not allowed)

You remember Zoe because you work for them.

zoezoe93 wrote:

hey...u can look for Studio apartment HappyHomes in district 1..that's a cool place..i remb the price is around $350

AVOID THIS WOMAN SHE IS A REAL ESTATE TROLL/SALESPERSON.

colinoscapee wrote:

Does it really matter Priscilla. Many people are leaving the site due to over moderation.

At least Priscilla is polite. We could mention others ...

Jaitch wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

At least Priscilla is polite. We could mention others ...

Ok,I'm lost.