Considering move to SMDA

Considering a move and would like to do a visit first in the fall. Is there anyone or a service who could show me around? Since I am single female age 55 I would like to live in the city center. How difficult is it to meet people and get your social life up and running? My biggest fear making new vibrant friends.
Rent 2-3 bedroom unfurnished casita, condo, apt in the city center...costs??

Hello

SMA is sooooooo easy to make friends. It is a VERY social lifestyle. Dancing, cards, walking club, art classes, charity work, dining, volunteering.....you will likely be exhausted by the social scene! Centro is perfect. I would suggest staying in the Centro. Rents for a NICE 2-3 bedroom furnished $1400 and up. Unfurnished is tough to find. Go on Craigslist in Guanajuato AND google long term rentals. Sotheby's has nice ones and all realtors have rentals as well.

Best place to dine at first to meet people, Cafe Rama, rooftop of Rosewood Hotel, and for breakfast La Mesa Grande. Other great places too but these are popular and well-traveled. Check out Via Organica for organic food and American pleasures in hard to find food..Great lunches too.

Don't use a debit car in ATMs...they are hacked frequently. I like Scotia Bank for banking. Check out Latin Americas new and giant mall called Antea about 30 minutes out on way to Queretaro. Lots of American stores if and when you get lonely for non-latin clothing..

Happy trails...you are welcome to inquire further. Just send me an email [email protected].

Ashley

Thanks for the update.

Hello
My name is Inna ,I am living in Belgium ,I am 65 years old ,I am living alone.
I considering   to  visit  Mexico in September -October ,I hope ,it is a good
place for retirement . I have the same preoccupation  as you  have.
Let's communicate ,maybe we can help each other .
All the best.