Moving within Mexico - Any Contacts for Domestic Moving Companies?

Considering a move from Playa del Carmen to elsewhere in Mexico....possibly San Miguel. Does anyone have info/recommendations or contact for domestic moving companies? We don't have a lot of stuff but more than we could carry on a plane. Thanks.....

Really?  No one??

leeazon wrote:

Really?  No one??

Go to the top of this page, click on guide, then open up the removals section

The guide has info and references for moving TO Mexico.....I'm looking for info about moving within Mexico

Perhaps one of those companies may have a local contact in Mexico ??

Hi!

My partner and I also have made the relocation from PDC to SMA this year. What has drawn you to the move? I am curious. Hope your move goes smoothly.

Aspenative:
I'd say a combination of things. A change of climate, change in scenery....both high on the list. Potentially less expensive in SMA. We want to see other parts of Mexico and SMA seems like a good jumping off place. The arts scene is appealing to both of us. What about you? What prompted your move?  And did you use a mover? How have you found it compared to Playa?

We've moved several times within Mexico, from the TX/MX border to Guanajuato to Yucatan to Michoacan to Colima and now probably back to Michoacan (Patzcuaro is heaven on earth, if you've never been there, you really should check it out before you move to SMA, cost of living is much cheaper than SMA too). The company for the job is M y M Muebles y Mudanzas----they are the best. They have branches in nearly every state and even if they don't have a branch in your state, they can still send a truck to pick up your stuff. They have a wide range of truck sizes---it's all on their website: mym.com.mx/

The website can be a little slow to load sometimes (or maybe it's just my connection), but it's all there, everything you need to know, along with contact information. Click on "sucursales" to find the closest office to you and give them a call. I just checked and it looks like the closest branch for you is in Merida. We've always had a good experience with them. They moved our stuff from the TX/MX border when we first moved to Mexico in '06. The drivers for their branch in Matamoros have US border entry cards so they can drive into Texas to a storage unit, as far north as Harlingen, to pick up your stuff and bring it across the border and down to any location you choose in Mexico. So if you are a first time mover to Mexico, hire a US company to bring your stuff to the border, offload it all into a storage unit in Texas, then hire M y M to come pick it all up and bring it across for you. I would think that their branches close to other entry points such as in California or Arizona, would most likely also be able to do the same thing.

Michael Yidargas lives in San Miguel and does moves to and from the border but probably in Mexico also.  Nice man, reasonable rates and several of our friends have used his services successfully.  His phone is 442-140-8328.  Good luck with your move.  San Miguel is a great place to live.  Sandi

Try SEYMI.  They have moved me throughout Mexico as well as from the USA.   Very reasonable and likable.  They have a lot of experience.