Hello from a UK expat in Timisoara!

Hi,

My name is Rhian, I've just moved to Timisoara for university, going to be here for at least 6 years :)

I am just getting settled into Romanian life, I love Timisoara its a beautiful city and the university course is fantastic...only thing is I am having trouble meeting people, apart from the other students from my classes.

It would be really nice to hear from other expats in Timisoara, and  am keen to find out if there are any regular meet-ups anywhere? Also I have heard there is a Scottish Pub, and also The Kings Pub, are these good places for meeting expats aswell?

Hello Rhian.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I am sure you'll make a lot of new contacts here.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Rhian,

I just sent you a message but i'm not sure about it :).
I'm expat in Timisoara. I moved in september.
I saw your profile and would be happy to meet you.
Let me know and hope to see you in Timis,
Charlotte

Hello Rhian - I'm from the UK too.  What part of the UK are you from?  I think you're the only other UK person I know that lives here...

I've been here since May 2012.

Hi there! I am not living in Timisoara but I know some expats overthere. I'll come to live in Timisoara again with my dutch husband, this year. I am curios what are you doing in Timisoara as a expat, are you an english teacher? Maybe I'll need one for my son!

Hello! Actually I run an online business with my friend out here - I'm not an English teacher myself, but my girlfriend is (and she speaks a lot better English than I do despite not being a native!) so if you do happen to need one let me know :)

And let me know if you do come out here - or if you have any questions about this place. I'm going to be moving on fairly soon, but should still be here for another few months at least.

Hello homeagain.I am moving from Ireland to Timisoara next month (25th of august 2013) and I would like to meet other expats.

Nice thread here!  :)

Hi Rhian,

I am Borut, 35, from Slovenia, I came to Timisoara two weeks ago for work.
I just saw your post here and decided to reply. I am sure you have adapted yourself here after more than 1.5 years in this city.

If you wish, we can meet up in the city. I do not know the city well yet. I don't yet have a Romanian number, but my Slovenian mobile is +386 51 357 828, you can add me to whatsapp if you have.

Regards,
Borut

@ Borut > Please note that Rhian is not an active member on the forum and also note that she has posted this message in 2012. :)

Thank you

Priscilla