Will I have any problem to enter Norway with one-way-ticket?

Hi,
I am going to visit Norway next month and going to stay with my friends for a couple of months. I am a Malaysian so I can travel in Europe without a visa for 90 days. I haven't made up my mind yet about the exact date in which I would like to go back to Malaysia because I am also looking for a job in Norway. I am not going to work illegally there nor overstay, of course. I hold a PhD in Engineering but I find I would have high opportunity to get a job if I am located in Norway (geographical advantage). Since the ticker returning to Malaysia is quite expensive too so I do not want to buy it until I have a confirmed plan.

The issue is that, I worried that if I am holding only a one-way-ticket, I may face problem at the Immigration in the airport to enter Norway. Someone suggested maybe I could buy a cheap ticket to UK (or any places) to show them I am not going to overstay in Norway, but I am not sure whether that helps. I will bring along my financial proof too to show them I have the financial stability to stay there for couple of months. I guess I will not tell them I am going there for job seeking (that would create more problems), perhaps I am only going to say that I am visiting my friends there.

Hence, I would like to kindly ask for the opinion/advice from you about this issue. Do you think I will face any problem to enter Norway with only a one-way-ticket?

I would not suggest you should lie in any way to immigration officers. In any case, you cannot fly direct to Norway from Malaysia, that means you will most likely to fly to another European city before reaching Norway. Either the UK or one of the Schengen members. It is the immigration authorities in these countries that may frown upon the one-way ticket, not in Norway. I understand that due to many ilegal immigrants from Malaysia, the UK is stepping up border control measures.

Hi. Thank you for your opinions. One of the purpose of my visit is to visit my friends, and I don't think I am lying on that too. Nowadays, I can just apply those jobs via email and I don't have to be there. The most important reason I visit my friend there is just 'in case' someone call me for an interview, I am easier to be reached. Of course, I plan to visit around Europe as well during this period. However, I have emailed the Norwegian immigration department to ask about this issue, but they haven't replied.

Another thing is that, I have a student visa of Italy because I was doing my research there until last month. I am not sure whether this helps me to be more 'identified' by the immigration officer which I am not a person who is going for illegal purpose nor overstay.

My flight is from Malaysia-Thailand-Oslo. So I am not going to transit in any European city, fortunately.

This is what the rule is :
Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
  on arrival.

Visa required, except for A max. stay of 90 days:
- for nationals of Malaysia;

Additional Information:

- As Svalbard is outside the Schengen area, passengers
  traveling to Longyearbyen (LYR) are required to pass through
  passport control at Tromso.
- Valid visas in full, invalidated travel documents are
  accepted provided accompanied by a new travel document.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to
  cover their stay and documents required for their next
  destination.

- The max. stay is granted within 180 days.
Warning:
- Passports and passport replacing documents issued more than
  10 years prior to date of travel are not accepted.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused
  entry.

I got this from timatic which we use in the airline business. Hope it helps you :)

Thanks for your information. FYI, I am already in Norway right now, without facing any problem at the immigration. They not even ask about my return. Hehe! I was lucky. :)