Experiencing International Living

Hello Everyone,

Well, yes we are new to the scene as far as International Living is concerned, and even though we have not moved as of yet, we are very excited about doing so. But  first  a small bit about us. We are a 23 yrs young married couple..(meaning we have been married  23  years.. i wish we was  23  again  HA!!!!).  Kids,  yes  been there done that 6 times over.  :o  but now have the empty nest syndrome going on  and   we love it :whistle:  Well  does that describe  us  enough.....No/Maybe?  Here is the way  we see it. This  is about the most  we want to pour our minds back into that part of life. Not saying it was bad,  but now it is our time. Just  the wifey and me  :heart: . Yeah I know that is not correct grammar but hey time to let down  what hair i got left on my head. So for right now  my wife and I are focusing on our move to Belize.  Not sure exactly  where as of  yet. but  we are searching  diligently.  We are looking to meet   a lot of great new  friends. Hey  because you took  the time to read this  you have just  become one of them. This is what we are going to do,  we are going to post here our experience  from start to finish as a sort of online  journal. Yeah  i know i could write this in  a lot of other places and ways.  but  remember I am letting down the rest of my hair.  So  for you the reader check back with us each  week  for any new developments  on our quest to experience international living. Remember  if you read this page this week  you are at the start of our journey. Pray  and  wish us  well

CHSR53

Hi CHSR53,

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board.

Thanks for the very interesting and humorous intro, I thoroughly enjoyed it. As an English Language teacher I didn't find your lapses in grammar inappropriate at all, they only added to the value of your statements.

Looks to me like you've got just the right attitude to be a big success as an expat! It's not easy to do, but it has great rewards.

I wish both you and your wife much luck in your future plans now that the young have flown the nest. Let your hair down and enjoy!!!

Hope to see more postings from you soon, we need all the interesting people here that we can get!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello William,

Well I thank you for your outstanding response. I  am not a English teacher as per say but I am a teacher of the Martial Arts. I must say after raising 6 children letting my hair down is  a wonderful thing. ( what's  left of it  Ha ha! :joking: ) I also  look forward to hearing from  you as well. Again thank you for the kind words and I guess we can say through this part of the website we have met another friend :D ...well until next time ... safe travelings to everyone 

CHSR53

Hello again,

I invite you to check out the BRAZIL FORUM, the one I am most active on. I'm sure you'll find it quite interesting.

Do keep in touch, I will be watching for further postings regarding your expat quest!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

OK, I  thank you  again for that great insight..  i will definitely come  over  to  meet  new friends there also. See you  soon  and thanks for the friend connect

CHSR53

Well  Everyone   here we are  moving  one step closer to the goal  :one . This is  very exciting for us :top:  meeting people with the same mindset.. A Lot of things are happening, so before I get into  all the logistics of it I will let each one  truly unfold more before I let out the  outstanding details :D ... so  until  then ..   just   hang  out  and  chat  with us  for awhile.

CHSR53

greetings from Athens in Greece,I wish you a very interesting happy adventure,keep safe and well,I shall tune in to find out how you are  both doing.best wishes from Concertina

thank you and  we will  keep in touch with you as well. It is a lot  when you are trying to relocate to an area that you are not  familiar with. I  am glad  we are meeting  people with good  integrity  so that we can gain great insight as to how things are done  where we are going. Sometimes  websites can be a bit over puffed up  to draw you in.

sounds very nice but my question would be, Is this more like a resort type area  :/  or vacation villa type :/ ? We was hoping to find a nice open floor plan one level home  in the  open country  around the natives of the area but yet  still close enough to be involved in the community area with out having to live there. We never considered the Panama area. At first it  was just Costa Rica until we found wonderful Belize :D  I feel that we are totally settled with the future move to Belize. But  we do thank you for your suggestion

Welcome on board to this site.

Thanks for your interesting introduction.
You made me curious and I will follow you on the adventurous path of living abroad.  :top:

Well  hey  hey  everyone.
  Well in the mist of  our continued process of the big  anticipated move, we have come across a new idea :top:  and that is to have a home built there the way we want it. We found a company that builds wonderful round homes and also Net Zero homes. Yeah  they are prefab and can be shipped anywhere in the world  :cool: We checked with them and they can ship to Belize with no problem. ( good  for us  we are doing  our  research :thanks: )  I guess we  will start to look at some  land areas  :unsure  to see what may be suitable. Well  either way it will all work its way out  because the bottom line is  in this process we are going to have fun doing it :D . You go through life you know with so many issues that press you  and you tend to get stressed out  :mad: ,  well we say  the HECK  with all that nonsense..  we are going to enjoy everyday  with fun and a good laugh ( yup even about the serious stuff.. life is to short ) You see even as i am typing this  my wife is making a sandwich while dancing around.   (yeah  she jammin' big time.. for those of you who understand the lingo of the 70's)  Ha.hahahaha :lol:   What  I find  very interesting is that you can come on here and give great information  on some very useful topics and that is cool :cool:   i thank each of you for giving the wonderful info and time you spent doing  so, but i have decided to take a different approach and that is one of  fun, simplicity, and  energetic encouragement.. For  each one of you who we have had the extreme pleasure of meeting here, We will have one big house warming party bash  :proud   when we get there for good. Well for now we are going to go... :top:  but  we will be back  shortly with more so stay tuned   for more fun and adventure with our  crazy  :joking:  move    SEE YA !!!!!!

good morning or kali mara(greek)from Athens,this is Concertina here,so good to hear from you,your idea to build sounds fabulous,what fun,and you are both so lovely,the world sure needs happy people,I hope you will be writing an Expat.com as you move along your story.The assembly houses are all the thing here or were before the crisis came,when folks had money,Much easier and quicker than building,I would dry line them with plasterboard inside and a natural fibre insulation between like a hemp,we thought of this here in Greece.Many thoughts of you both,waiting to hear more love from concertina ps I do know what you mean by jammin,my years have been many xx

it  sounds  like  you did some  construction work before :cool: .  so have we.... If  you could  in box me  i would like to connect with you on Facebook as well ok

Praying and wishing you a splendid journey on moving onwards and upwards. I have been an expat for 18 years.

Enough reason to be excited. Wish u well

Very interesting. Thank for sharing.

Well We Are Back,

We are back for another installment on our journey to Belize. :D  Well it may seem to be a strange way  of making this  transition, but there is a method to my madness :dumbom:  See I like to really know what  I am getting into before i make a major plunge like this. To me everything has a cause and effect,  so  i  gotta make sure my "because" has a very positive action on the "effect" :top:  So here is the latest. We found out some very useful info from those expats that live there on what to expect and  the  do's and don't's of living there. No  excuse for being stupid  :huh: right? Well  we also found out some  great info on the housing market  that would make our journey easier. :cool: See It's all about the connecting with the right people  and making good quality friends before going to where ever you may decide to  go. It's like  knowing and enjoying who your neighbors are before you get there so then  it will really feel like  you just  walked around the corner. :whistle:  Again like i said before  if you are going to do it   have fun with  it... even the serious stuff. life is too short for the ridiculous pressures that we allow to dominate us.

By  way of  encouragement to any one who may  read this post i have something to share  that hopefully if you really take the  time to think it over you will grab hold of your life and learn to enjoy even in the hard times.  Peace and Blessings

Well  Here we are again with  another installment of  our  journey to Belize.  We have been doing  a lot  of  detailed research about the Corozal area and the  surrounding  villages. We are really liking  the bay area. It has  a very nice  appeal to us. So our search is now  for  a setting of  land  to purchase and  a  nice rental to stay in  while  our  home  is being built. We  are in  no real rush   :whistle:  because we want it all done  to our personal  taste.  It  really has to fit  perfectly. It is said that after you do all that  work some times you sit back  and  say  " oh  wow, we should have  done  this  or  that"   but  we are going to just sit and  evaluate  :unsure   the present  and  the long  term future of our  every day  living  to make sure  they  mesh together like as glove.  I will be adding  more to this  over the weekend so  stay tuned for more..  until then  be  blessed!!!!  (  Oh   by the  way  the picture that i had  on my  last  post for those who may  have seen it  may  have  offended some  :o  by  the statement  at the end of it, so  for the sake  of  just being  the person  of  integrity that  i am   i  took it  off. )  lets keep everybody  Happy, happy ,happy :D

Well  Everyone  we are back.  :thanks:.  Well we been away for a little while finishing up on a few more outstanding items  that we wanted to have  completed prior to our move. One  thing that we have considered  is the rent-vs -buy option. We have looked very closely into this.  :/   I feel the best way to go is to do both. Rent first to feel everything out  and  then move in to purchase. This way  you get a good feel of  all that the land  has to offer.  :D  we are even considering building our own home  ourselves ( at least a large portion of it ). The challenges have been rather interesting over the past  few months as we build up our income to get to Belize. Some  come  after retirement  and some have  life savings  set aside and some  just  have it like that. Well our  goal is to build up business   :one  to be self sufficient, and  make our slow transition. :cool:    Either way  this whole process is fun and exciting.  ;)  Well we will be  back  with more  soon.  OH  wait  did i say...  that i actually just completed College at age 53. SUMMA CUM LAUDE !!!!  ( way to go dude  better late than  never). :D:one:up:

Meet other expats and join the events

OR