Do you know your IQ?

mas fred wrote:
Denise in Denver wrote:

John,

Have you considered going to a local restaurant and having a seminar,, or at least an information session?

That, I suspect, would be slightly more effective at emptying the place than a customer  finding a rat's head in his soup course.

Fred,
This is a brief dialogue between traders, (Denise and me) who have better IQs than non-traders.
When are you going to get a feeling of uselessness for participating in something you do not understand?  :/

John C. wrote:

Profit is a dirty word for those who CANNOT make any ...

First, tough, I ran a business for many years and did rather well.
You have no clue about my personal finances and I don't care to brag about such things.
Profit isn't a dirty word, as a capitalist, I think it's a lovely word.

Telling the world how wonderful you are is a talent usually reserved for fools endowed with the social skills of a rat with bad breath; It's a lot like forcing your family to look at your holiday snaps.
No one has the slightest interest but most are too polite to tell you how boring you are.

I'm from Yorkshire, a place not famed for producing people with diplomatic skills, so I will.

mas fred wrote:
John C. wrote:

Profit is a dirty word for those who CANNOT make any ...

First, tough, I ran a business for many years and did rather well.
You have no clue about my personal finances and I don't care to brag about such things.
Profit isn't a dirty word, as a capitalist, I think it's a lovely word.

Telling the world how wonderful you are is a talent usually reserved for fools endowed with the social skills of a rat with bad breath; It's a lot like forcing your family to look at your holiday snaps.
No one has the slightest interest but most are too polite to tell you how boring you are.

I'm from Yorkshire, a place not famed for producing people with diplomatic skills, so I will.

How about you post more often in threads with requests for job vacancies?  :D

mas fred wrote:

.... No one has the slightest interest but most are too polite to tell you how boring you are.

You polite, yeah right.  :lol:

Exceptionally high IQs work to the detriment of the individual and they seem to function just like a body anomaly: someone who has 7 fingers at one hand does not work faster, better or smarter than someone with the regular number of fingers, 5.
There is an obvious adaptation but the 2 extra fingers get in the way of the other 5 fingers to work properly plus they increased the risk of getting hurt.

For this reason, extra intelligence works not only to the detriment of the individual possessing such intelligence but also against society because it does not produce anything special more than normal people produce.

As for extra low IQs, they are not worth talking about except for mentioning that they are not the result of individual work, effort and progress but rather a hidden, secret balance which exists in nature: what is given to somebody is actually taken away from many others.

Furthermore, what the talented man gets is not just the depravation of talent of many other men, but rather new social balances needed at different points in time to balance swelling societies.

There are people who, no matter who religious, how nice, how generous, how professional they are, never reach the top.
Normality and abnormality are the enemies of exceptionality.

John, I don't think you should have started a thread just to tell people how clever you are. I know you're dealing in a language and culture that is relatively unfamiliar to you, but, believe me - it's tacky. It really is.

My own rule of thumb is to reckon individuals' IQs to be 50% of what they say they are. On that basis... [shrug]

Gordon Barlow wrote:

John, I don't think you should have started a thread just to tell people how clever you are. I know you're dealing in a language and culture that is relatively unfamiliar to you, but, believe me - it's tacky. It really is.

My own rule of thumb is to reckon individuals' IQs to be 50% of what they say they are. On that basis... [shrug]

1). In every thread which I start I ask a question in the title and then I post my answer.  I give and take, this is my style.
I never thought that revealing my IQ would be re-interpreted or misinterpreted.  Only twisted minds find issues where there is none.
If forummers do not like my thread, my answer, my picture or my profile, then they should avoid posting back, because this is EXACTLY what I too do when I don't like something.

2). I do not have to deal with any culture.  I just speak my mind out and I do not care if some people get offended.  I am NOT in a profession where I have to please the public, nor do I humbly look for jobs.
If what I say is not OK with Mr. Zero or Mrs. Nullity, that's fine with me.  None of the free advisers or complainers contributed anything to my life before and, unless the adviser is a trader like myself, cannot have anything of importance to influence me.

3). Your son is in Norway breastfeeding on employers because this is what he has seen his father doing in the Caymans: sucking and licking boots to employers all his life.  (I wanted to use another word instead of ‘boots' but I changed my mind in the last moment).
Like father, like son.

Do not waste your advices on me, put them up at your blog instead.  I can give you a piece of advice in return: both you and your son could have managed a fund in the Caymans if you had known how to do it and if demons in your head had stopped playing with your sucker mentalities keeping you down at bottom feeder level.
The Caymans is a top world center for fund registration and management, yet some people (you included) prefer licking boots to employers.
How smart is that?

4). I am surprised that you did not refer anything in your post connecting it with something you may have written in your blog, like you always do. Did you begin to realize that it was a waste of time to keep it up and running all these years?

5). Instead of criticizing my IQ, you should perhaps have mentioned yours.
First cast out the beam out of thine own eye and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of somebody else's eye.

John C. wrote:
Gordon Barlow wrote:

John, I don't think you should have started a thread just to tell people how clever you are.

I never thought that revealing my IQ would be re-interpreted or misinterpreted.  Only twisted minds find issues where there is none.

Personally, I dislike mentioning my IQ and how much money I have, or don't have and Unlike some, I never brag about such things.

However, Ebenezer has yet to realise, life isn't always about the cash, more about living a life where the neighbours will to talk to you.
Perhaps Jacob Marley will appear as a door knocker and foretell the arrival of three ghosts.
That way, he can give a turkey to Bob Cratchit, instead of being a turkey.

Funny thing IQ.
I more or less know what it means, but in all my life (now 5 yrs. into retirement) I have never been in a situation where I have seen IQ testing required or even being offered for curiosity's sake.
In my years at school, college and higher education I have done many types of examinations and tests.
Similarly in several decades of employment as an engineer in several countries.
But never IQ testing.

My question is:
If you have done an IQ test please tell us where (i.e. school, higher education, job related, military etc.) and why?
If you have not done one I would also be interested to hear why.

Elwin

mas fred wrote:
John C. wrote:
Gordon Barlow wrote:

John, I don't think you should have started a thread just to tell people how clever you are.

Personally, I dislike mentioning my IQ and how much money I have, or don't have and Unlike some, I never brag about such things.

However, Ebenezer has yet to realise, life isn't always about the cash, more about living a life where the neighbours will to talk to you.
Perhaps Jacob Marley will appear as a door knocker and foretell the arrival of three ghosts.
That way, he can give a turkey to Bob Cratchit, instead of being a turkey.

Fred,
What exactly do you do at this forum?

In your 4,000+ posts nobody of substance ever thanked you for anything.

At the Bitcoin thread, https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =3#1811858 you chickened out at post #98 and left with the tail down without replying to Denise's questions and at the 'expat-blog an one-way street'  thread https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=341787 you talked nonsense, chickened out and left again with the tail down when James and Dittmar, thanked me, NOT YOU.

You seem to be an adult person.  Did it ever occurred to you that you may have mental issues and as such they cannot get cured here?

Perhaps you come to your senses and post more on bicycle forums than here.
I do not think I owe you anything.  You only confirmed to me EVERYTHING I already knew about your breed, and your stalking posts does not help anybody, not even you.

After all your attacks to this forum which you call 'posts' I realize you are a multimillionaire in disguise.  :D  So keep it that way and maybe watch for an early onset of senility.  :o

El_Jost wrote:

Funny thing IQ.
I more or less know what it means, but in all my life (now 5 yrs. into retirement) I have never been in a situation where I have seen IQ testing required or even being offered for curiosity's sake.
In my years at school, college and higher education I have done many types of examinations and tests.
But never IQ testing.

My question is:
If you have done an IQ test please tell us where (i.e. school, higher education, job related, military etc.) and why?

Elwin

Hi Elwin,

1). IQ tests are not required at employment time YET.  They may come soon.  It is embarrassing for employers to ask candidates to take the company IQ test because the employer might end up employing nobody or he might find out that the candidate is smarter than him.  :D

2). There are many studies, research and experiments on the topic of IQ which explain many things which cannot be explained otherwise.

3). Taking IQ tests can be done for $0.00 on the Internet for self-appraisal.
Everybody may want to see how capable he / she is compared to a general, standardized level of abilities test.

I have been asked to take an IQ test at drafting age it the military in 1971, and never bothered about this topic until 2-3 years ago when a small article in a newspaper made me realize something I forgot to think about.

In Romania from the 1960's and later, one had to show up at the military headquarters, go through an interview, IQ test included (only for different army fields), and, if the interview went OK, then one had to appear in front of a military medical commission naked for inspection on presence of infirmities, etc.
They were even requiring the draftee to turn and bend down for homosexuality check-up (collapsed anus).  Persons with flat foot soles, without leg(s), arm(s), 10 fingers, visual impairment, etc. etc. etc. were rejected.

Very soon I shall start another thread which will expand on the discussion here because of that article I mentioned above.
It's interesting to know.

John C. wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Funny thing IQ.
But never IQ testing.

My question is:

Elwin

Hi Elwin,

1). IQ tests are not required at employment time YET.  They may come soon.  It is embarrassing for employers to ask candidates to take the company IQ test because the employer might end up employing nobody or he might find out that the candidate is smarter than him.  :D

2). There are many studies, research and experiments on the topic of IQ which explain many things which cannot be explained otherwise.

3). Taking IQ tests can be done for $0.00 on the Internet for self-appraisal.
Everybody may want to see how capable he / she is compared to a general, standardized level of abilities test.

I have been asked to take an IQ test at drafting age it the military in 1971, and never bothered about this topic until 2-3 years ago when a small article in a newspaper made me realize something I forgot to think about.

In Romania from the 1960's and later, one had to show up at the military headquarters, go through an interview, IQ test included (only for different army fields), and, if the interview went OK, then one had to appear in front of a military medical commission naked for inspection on presence of infirmities, etc.
They were even requiring the draftee to turn and bend down for homosexuality check-up (collapsed anus).  Persons with flat foot soles, without leg(s), arm(s), 10 fingers, visual impairment, etc. etc. etc. were rejected.

Very soon I shall start another thread which will expand on the discussion here because of that article I mentioned above.
It's interesting to know.

(Edit added: we have a forummer here who is a member of MENSA and who, perhaps, can tell us more but there is no obligation to do so).

John C. wrote:

Fred,
What exactly do you do at this forum?

Give me a kiss and I'll tell you.

John C. wrote:

Did it ever occurred to you that you may have mental issues and as such they cannot get cured here?

I may eat your liver with with some fava beans and a nice chianti but, no, I'm unaware of any mental issues.

In fact, I've been a capitalist for many years - even when still at school, I set up a tuck shop to rival the poor quality version we had, and invented the hydro-electric testi crusher, an effective torture tool, with an eye on potential sales to south American dictatorships of the time.

Sadly, my marketing success with the South American dictators needed some work, but I made a killing on the tuck shop.
Happily for me, they never found the body so they thought he'd run away from home.

Sorry to interrupt you all....but i think you are going out of topic............

+1 aryavrat!

Back to the topic please.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

aryavrat wrote:

Sorry to interrupt you all....but i think you are going out of topic............

Anil, :)
You seem to think too much!  :o
By the way, what is YOUR IQ please?

Armand wrote:

+1 aryavrat!

Back to the topic please.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hello Armand, :)
Welcome to the table.
What is your IQ, especially this topic (according to my research here) did not exist before?  :unsure

John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Anil, :)
You seem to think too much!  :o
By the way, what is YOUR IQ please?

Sir mine is very low but some how i got +1 by the team.........

Farhaz wrote:

"IQ" ??  :o

What the frothing heck is that?  :/

Now I am really beginning to wonder what IQ is!  :/

It must be something like WMD, which I thought was Waste Material Dump until some people went to war over it. :huh:

Not really but if your IQ cause you to show ego then its dengerous............

What if governments will start asking for IQ tests prior to potential expats entering a new country to work and/or settle in it?  :o

Sir then people will prepare and come to go through a IQ  test and hope most of them will get pass.....

El_Jost wrote:

In the last 10,000 years or so, since the beginning of settled agricultural communities, the average size of the brains of humankind has shrunk by about 15%.
Does this mean that mankind's average IQ in those days was 115 compared to today's 100?

Absolutely not.
The skull kept increasing over tens of thousands of years.
As such, the brains should have increased.

For explanation of what IQ is feel free to go to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient

To see a classification of IQ, read at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_reference_chart

It is clear that what differentiates us is not height, weight, income, social status, race, sex or age.

First and foremost it's IQ.

On top of that are our aspirations.

On top of that is ambition.

On top of that is the mental fortitude to go through all the adversity to become some sort of champions in our professions.

To make my point, I respect Usain Bolt (the world's fastest runner) more than South Korea's Kim Ung Yonga  (the man with the world's highest IQ).
Kim vegetates in an academic job doing nothing of interest to you and me, like he already did nothing and like he will do nothing with his natural super gift.

http://ngureco.hubpages.com/hub/Worlds- … r-Recorded

For as accurate data on him as possible, he has a profile on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ung-yong

There are several IQ tests on the Net although some test standardization was desired.
Take one here

http://www.iqtestforfree.net/iq-test.html

The question is: did you begin observing behaviours to new people you meet according to IQ levels ?  :/

But without meeting how one can judge the IQ level of others.........yes once if i met that person physically i may.....

John C. wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

In the last 10,000 years or so, since the beginning of settled agricultural communities, the average size of the brains of humankind has shrunk by about 15%.
Does this mean that mankind's average IQ in those days was 115 compared to today's 100?

Absolutely not.

Wrong!
In the last 10,000 years not only brain size, but also body size and general health has on the whole deteriorated.
In recent decades there has been some improvement in general health and body size but humankind is still not equal to the condition humans had before they settled and started eating agricultural foods, in particularly grains.

For example, human body has apendix which was in use before but today if it grows we do operation and it is of no use.......

El_Jost wrote:
John C. wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Absolutely not.

Wrong!
In the last 10,000 years not only brain size, but also body size and general health has on the whole deteriorated.
In recent decades there has been some improvement in general health and body size but humankind is still not equal to the condition humans had before they settled and started eating agricultural foods, in particularly grains.

Yet life expectancy has increased from 35 years 100,000 years ago to 75-80 years today.

IQ has also increased as a direct adaptation to more and more stressful living conditions.

Yes, paradise is lost.

But 70 to 80 years before it was 120 to 130 years and average was 100 years..........if i am not wrong.......

One thing is sure: no intelligent man ever had a low IQ, even if he had not the highest IQ.

By definition, you cannot find an employer with low IQ, but you can find lots of employees with low, average or a bit higher than average IQ.

Success is a 1-way street starting with average IQ level ...  :top:

very well said Sir.........

regards,
Anil

Going on and on about IQ is, in my opinion, about as useless an exercise as people waiting for the train staring along the railway line to see if it is coming.
Whether it is on time or not when the train arrives you will know anyway from the noise it makes rumbling into the platform in front of you.
Similarly, whether one's IQ is 160 or 60 - it is what it is - and no amount of worrying about it will change it.

For me i never cared about my IQ and i don't even bothered......One thing i know if i don't know anything and if i am ready to accept this then definetly there is way i can learn it........so why to bother much but in competition it is needed but competitions are made to show who is best and who is worst..........for me we can't compare anyone with any other being.......Every one is unique whether he/she knows this or not...........

Yes, I know two scores, from two different tests. Scores can vary on different tests.

The numbers are high, but top secret! :-)

Welcome to Expat-Blogs ayan05...........
Then i think you should go for another two three tests and result will vary again....and hope this time too you will get score high......and you can repeat...top secret............hahaha :)

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR