Arabic/quran classes

Hi everyone,
I landed in Saudi a few days ago. I am due to start teaching at KSU. I wanted to enquire about possible Arabic and quran lessons. Would they offer this at the university?
Also, I have heard the taxis here are slightly unsafe, are there any reliable and safe taxi service for single women working in Saudi?

Thanks

Also, is there a expatriate sisters community in Riyadh? :)

Welcome to Riyadh .

Please visit the below link, you will find a lot of interesting activities exclusively for ladies, i am pasting the link of their website, and also the newsletter of September.
you will find many useful links and addresses in it.
Regarding taxis, ladies have their own contacts for reliable drivers who are on call, I think once you attend the get together of this organization, you will find answers to all of your questions

http://www.wsb-ksa.com/http://www.wsb-ksa.com/publication/news … wppa_open/

Please feel free to write if you had any further questions

Regards
Ahmad

Salaam Fajr007,

I don't know the answers to your questions but I will be coming to Riyadh in the next month also to teach but at PSMMC. I am looking for Arabic/Quran classes as well so if you find any let me know. Insha Allah we can start a sisters group if there isn't one as well.

salam,
By the looks of things we really need a sisters community.
I have sent you an message.

Salaams & welcome to Riyadh :)

There is a school here called Dar ul Dhikr which is for Quran and Arabic. They concentrate on Tajweed, help you to memorise surahs from the Quran and also hold an Islamic Studies lesson once a week. The other classes include written/reading/speaking Arabic. It is just behind Ma'ather Street in Sulaimaniya! Its a lovely school with a lovely atmosphere and you'll meet plenty of expat muslim ladies inshaAllah

Also, if you are on facebook, there is a private Group called 'Sisters in Saudi Sand' which is brilliant to ask any questions or get to know people!

If you have any questions, please feel free to inbox me :)

salam sister,
thank you for your message. However, I think that group has been deleted on facebook. :s

I'll inbox you the link now, I use it quite a lot so it's definitely up & running.

assi-uk wrote:

Salaams & welcome to Riyadh :)

There is a school here called Dar ul Dhikr which is for Quran and Arabic. They concentrate on Tajweed, help you to memorise surahs from the Quran and also hold an Islamic Studies lesson once a week. The other classes include written/reading/speaking Arabic. It is just behind Ma'ather Street in Sulaimaniya! Its a lovely school with a lovely atmosphere and you'll meet plenty of expat muslim ladies inshaAllah

Thanks for this, will try and register once I land in Riyadh In Shaa Allah. 
Are you a student there? Just checked their website and Muslim women are required to wear a niqaab, are the teachers male?

Salaam.

Yes I'm a student there (though I have missed most of this term due to going back to the UK for a long vaca!)
It is required that you wear a niqab but that's only to enter the building as usually the street is mobbed with drivers dropping off ladies in the mornings. As soon as you enter the building its completely women only. You can take off your hijab/abaya etc!

There is also the Dawah Centre which is for Arabic lessons which I am due to start next week.

Will let you know if they are any good!

Assalamu aleikum are you still in Riyadh?

Hi Ranyamajid,

The initiator of this thread is no longer on the website and this thread is old. If you need information, i suggest you create your own thread on the Riyadh forum so that members may provide you the information.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you bhavna I privately messaged assi-uk she's still in Riyadh thank you😍😍

Hi were you able to find any classes for arabic?

Is this for men ? as i am looking for arabic and islamic studies course but not just online

Aslamu walkum Brothers and sisters,

i am looking for arabic /Quran/ and islamic studies course but I don't know how where, I'm 33 years old I live in Germany. I wanna learn in Arab world. Who can help me. Jazakalhu fikum 🤲🏿🕋🌸