Living permanent in new zealand

please, i am south african citizen and i want to move down to zealand,is there any legal way of extending my stay in new zealand to stay more or live there and also how is work over there

If you are presently in NZ no you cannot extend your stay.

Go online to www.immigration.govt.nz for visa information This site will tell you how to go about getting a work visa and applying for PR.

But visas are issued on a points system. The more qualifications you have the more points you gain. 

There is a list of skilled trades that the country needs.

We have been looking and traveling for some time  with the goal of retirement. May I suggest an excellent website for possible New Zealand Expats: www.enz.org has a wealth of information -- not only good blogs, but also extremely helpful people on its forum. I've been reading a lot of back-and-forth reading about periodic leaving and returning to NZ, getting sponsors, coming in with a valuable skill, etc.  NZ is one of those countries that assigns a numeric "value" to anybody wanting entrance,  Perhaps being from S. Africa may help.  Good luck!

I am from Mauritius island and dream of adventuring to a country like N zealand. I am a 47 yr married , Medical imaging Technologist in Mauritius. I have worked as a Radiographer for almost 26 yrs now.Mainly at the Angiography dept , CT and general Radiography. My wife is a primary school teacher. Will there be any scope for me to immigrate to N zealand ? I know I have to register , and then apply for my PR .
Thanking you
Shailen

Check out this website www.immigration.govt.nz for visa information. This site should also give you a list of preferred skills which NZ are looking for. 

The visa are issued on a points system so the more qualifications you have the more points you get. 

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi you have not provided enough information to assist.  You can visit and possibly extend a visitors visa but INZ will want to see you are a genuine visitor.  You can check available jobs in the popular Seek website and you will easily see if your skillset,  education  and experience is being sought after. Depending your education and experience you would need to decide which visa category is the best to apply under.

** not intended to be immigration advice **