High blood preasure referred to medical assessor.

Am a Nigerian and Nursing by profession i apply for highly skilled resident visa since 2012 the process that have taking me to New Zealand for Nursing registration. In the process the immigration officer mail me that high blood pressure of 100/160 was noted on my medical certificate and it has therefore being referred to medical Assessor for assessment,since February this year.
Every other test on the medical certificate were ok ,except this issue of high blood pressure,can any body with this kind of experience share with me what is likely going to be the out come.

alaba4star wrote:

Am a Nigerian and Nursing by profession i apply for highly skilled resident visa since 2012 the process that have taking me to New Zealand for Nursing registration. In the process the immigration officer mail me that high blood pressure of 100/160 was noted on my medical certificate and it has therefore being referred to medical Assessor for assessment,since February this year.
Every other test on the medical certificate were ok ,except this issue of high blood pressure,can any body with this kind of experience share with me what is likely going to be the out come.

The obvious question is: "Why are you not taking medication to control your hypertension?" Anti-hypertensive medication should be easy to get and inexpensive, even in Africa. Most any medical doctor should be able to treat this condition.

One would think that if you were taking medication to control your blood pressure, it would not be an issue.

100/160 or 160/100? A diastolic BP of 160 is fatal...