Relocation to cairo

hello everyone

i was living in cairo during 2011 for 1 year  but i returned to my country. after that experience i realisied that i dont want to stay in europe anymore and i started making steps in order to relocate back to cairo .
i found a job that i like but the company does not provide work permission , just a salary with no benefits at all and not work permission .
what's ur opinion on that ?
thank you all

Hi,

You will not really know whether you got your job, until you actually reach Egypt. It is not right for the company to hire you without issuing a residence and work permit, which is the only legal way in which a foreigner can work in Egypt. In the past it has been quiet common for foreigners to work on tourist visas, renewable up to 1 year. But in the current climate of instability and fragile security, you might not be able to obtain more than a 3 months visa.

The best chance for you to secure a job in Egypt is to apply with an international recruiter, then you will be provided with a permit and all benefits. For such applications you need to be a degree holder and possess relevant work experience, and a working knowledge of English.

Educational certifications MUST be apostilled / attested in your home country by the relevant authority /ministry, translated into Arabic (if not in English or French) and stamped by the Egyptian embassy in your home country. Without this attestation process all your docs, including birth certificates etc, are not valid in Egypt.

Regards

thank you a lot for ur answer.

can u give me more info about medical and social insurance ?

I thought you had been here before?
nothing has changed.
Tax - the same rate.
Medical - non-existent unless you or your company ppays for / provides good medical insurance.

it is because the employer does not want to pay the tax. It depends on your job, you can find what are you looking for especially among the international corporations.

thank you all for ur comments, im very stressed with this situation.
bify yes i was but i worked for a while and in a part time job, so i didnt care.
now is different and im afraid of the instable situation in teh country
guys i accepted the job, teh owner provides salary + work permission
hope everything will be ok !

@ stavy -> Hello :) Your post is now on the Cairo Forum. Thanks. Karen :)

if good acceptable salary, so you should not worry about other things :-)