Volunteering in Egypt and helping Orphans & Poor citizens

Hello,

Allow me to speak out loudly, as I just want to share some of my special thoughts and ideas which I want to start doing it with the help of friends of course!

So here we start.....

Speaking about Egypt, we all know that it is a breathtaking place to volunteer.
It is home to some of the greatest testaments of human will.
Today, Egypt is a combination of modernity and tradition.

Nowadays the growing gap between the rich and poor is bigger. Those who volunteer in Egypt help to fill that gap by providing invaluable services in almost every field. Whether your interest lies in Orphans, education, the environment, human rights or even animals rights! (Which is rarely these days)

From about 10 years when I was just 20 I started to go with friends and visit orphan shelters weekly, we just collect some money, buy some sweets or even clothes (new or used) and go for 1 or 2 hours visit, to play and pamper all the kids.

Even we used to go to feed poor people and you can't imagine how much they really are in need with any kind of help, but now as we are always busy working or family, friends gathering we don't go!

So I was thinking that most of us may want to make any kind of good deeds and participate, volunteer by any way, we can start by visiting Orphans, Feed Poor people, Help Animals!
Meanwhile, I just hope that we all share some good thoughts and post some idea's here in order to make it easy for us to start asap!

Volunteering in Egypt provides individuals with the opportunity to become involved in the growth of this historic country.

PS : Forgive my language as am posting this topic from my blackberry which is hard to concentrate about what am saying :D

Waiting for your nice and kind comments 

Hey,

I think it's a very good idea to collect money and buy stuff for the orphans or make other kinds of donations, im sure a lot of people have old baby clothes/toys and other used or new things they would like to give away.
I would like to join you and all the others who wanna volunteer. Orphans, poor citizens, animals, - let's make Cairo a even better place and make miracles happen. :)

Sousou88 wrote:

Hey,

I think it's a very good idea to collect money and buy stuff for the orphans or make other kinds of donations, im sure a lot of people have old baby clothes/toys and other used or new things they would like to give away.
I would like to join you and all the others who wanna volunteer. Orphans, poor citizens, animals, - let's make Cairo a even better place and make miracles happen. :)

Thanks for your support & prompt response.

I already brought all my baby old clothes (and toys too is a good idea) and will donate them & will start from today to contact my family & friends in order to donate too, as the feast is coming after the Holy month of Ramadan and orphans will be glad to have some nice clothes in order not to feel different from others :)

Concerning animals we must make miracles for them :)

Hi All , it is definitely a brilliant idea. it is nice to see people who r looking after other people specially orphans. they just give them their right in the society and it is really a sort of happiness to see some people who are awake to give the orphans and disabled people their rights. the worst thing is to see a disabled orphan kid.

All of us know well how life here is a bit expensive nowadays. and it will be more expensive for them. I went to a disabled orphan house in Maadi with my friends and colleagues and it was a sort of pain to see all that amount of kids who are disabled and have no parents.

Definitely ,count my family and me in Mohamed. I like to be one of the organizers or even I want to help with any extra effort not only money or clothes.
I always like ur ideas don moe. I know some of orphans houses in Helwan, Maadi and Haram.

God bless U all

Sousou88 wrote:

Hey,

let's make Cairo a even better place and make miracles happen. :)

:top:

mero928 wrote:

Hi All , it is definitely a brilliant idea. it is nice to see people who r looking after other people specially orphans. they just give them their right in the society and it is really a sort of happiness to see some people who are awake to give the orphans and disabled people their rights. the worst thing is to see a disabled orphan kid.
All of us know well how life here is a bit expensive nowadays. and it will be more expensive for them. I went to a disabled orphan house in Maadi with my friends and colleagues and it was a sort of pain to see all that amount of kids who are disabled and have no parents.

Definitely ,count my family and me in Mohamed. I like to be one of the organizers or even I want to help with any extra effort not only money or clothes.
I always like ur ideas don moe. I know some of orphans houses in Helwan, Maadi and Haram.

God bless U all

mero you are such a kind man :)
its true that the worst thing is to see a disabled orphan kid
really we must thank God for what we have!
and its good that you know some orphans shelters in your area we need also to know in Heliopolis and nasr city , as for me i know some too))

Hello,

Thanks for the great contribution. Actually this idea was one of our concerns and plans for the coming period of time. Beside visits and donations, I believe in the proverb saying that " Don't give fish to the poor, Teach them to catch the fish. So that he does not depend on anyone for his next lunch or dinner." Accordingly I suggest that each one of us has something teach them, should dedicate time to teach them. Also, we can conduct sessions in order to make them aware of their dignity, as well as enhancing their life skills. Additionally, we can dedicate sometime to read for them.
We can arrange a meeting for all those who are interested, collect ideas and organize our efforts. It would be such a tremendous initiative.

sweetnovember wrote:

...We can arrange a meeting for all those who are interested, collect ideas and organize our efforts. It would be such a tremendous initiative.

I think it's an excellent idea. A meeting is exactly what we need!

sweetnovember wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the great contribution. Actually this idea was one of our concerns and plans for the coming period of time. Beside visits and donations, I believe in the proverb saying that " Don't give fish to the poor, Teach them to catch the fish. So that he does not depend on anyone for his next lunch or dinner." Accordingly I suggest that each one of us has something teach them, should dedicate time to teach them. Also, we can conduct sessions in order to make them aware of their dignity, as well as enhancing their life skills. Additionally, we can dedicate sometime to read for them.
We can arrange a meeting for all those who are interested, collect ideas and organize our efforts. It would be such a tremendous initiative.

Yes u r right about the fish quote, plus teaching them is a good idea as who have the ability to teach people can make it to orphans and poor too!
Wow really we all have such great idea's
Thanks for sharing

Sousou88 wrote:
sweetnovember wrote:

...We can arrange a meeting for all those who are interested, collect ideas and organize our efforts. It would be such a tremendous initiative.

I think it's an excellent idea. A meeting is exactly what we need!

Totally agree with you sousou :)
Meeting will be our first step and after we have more Volunteers we will plan our meeting.

You are welcome Don moe, this is to confirm having several ideas, not only regarding orphans, poor, disabled people but for the whole social responsibility. Amr & I like the brain storming that help in generating more and more creative ideas. Good luck:)

sweetnovember wrote:

You are welcome Don moe, this is to confirm having several ideas, not only regarding orphans, poor, disabled people but for the whole social responsibility. Amr & I like the brain storming that help in generating more and more creative ideas. Good luck:)

Yes I wanted to write about other idea's but was afraid that I ca't handle them so I only concentrated about poor,orphans and animals
Plus Amr is such an amazing respectful Egyptian Man :) and have lots of idea's too

i'm smiling as i type because this topic is dear to my heart and you're extending such kindness and gratitute. it's beautiful. the positive energy you extend into the world makes a difference.

i'll coordinate with you guys before my visit in the new year.
there are usually "wish lists" each charity has regarding items (ie: sometimes its bandages, clothing, books, medical supplies for animal shelters etc) that are in short supply locally or hard to purchase, so bringing them in is relatively simple (given size etc). i'll fill an extra suitcase gladly.

thanks guys.

k

Great idea, I've been wanting to do something like this for ages! So how can I help? I've no idea how to get involved. The only charity I know is Resala (with an Arabic website) but it'd be great to have an eveent to help orphans if someone can make the right ccntacts. Life isn't only about having fun after all, it's worth making a difference if we can :)

eltviola wrote:

Great idea, I've been wanting to do something like this for ages! So how can I help? I've no idea how to get involved. The only charity I know is Resala (with an Arabic website) but it'd be great to have an eveent to help orphans if someone can make the right ccntacts. Life isn't only about having fun after all, it's worth making a difference if we can :)

Eltviola :)
I used to be with Resala they are amazing indeed,as for the time being let's collect all idea's we have then we will start our event soon

so, it is time to propose a meeting for discussing the new ideas and to set our plan for it.
any suggestions????

mero928 wrote:

so, it is time to propose a meeting for discussing the new ideas and to set our plan for it.
any suggestions????

Already most of us will be tomorrow in the outing so we can discuss about it plus we can wait till more participate with us here:)

don moe wrote:
eltviola wrote:

Kathryn you can't imagine how much am proud to know you you are so kind to suggest to help with what you can :)
Am impressed really can't express my feelings towards your generosity.

shukran,
and do you see how contagious the desire to do good is?
bravo again for posting this.
salam,
k

Hey Guys am in
I couldn't see all these posts guys because I have till now something wrong in my laptop. Don Moe, I loved the idea alot, yeah plz do it man
I don't know how to help, I used to be with Resala before and Bedaya too, went to some hospitals before, and visited poor people, it was really great and i had great feelings at that time

Really I hope we can do something guys to enhance the conditions here in Egypt as I have really seen tons of poor people here, hope we can make it soon guys

I would like to thank you all guys coz of your great feelings

Special thanks for DON MOE, you are a greaat man, just do it, and we are with you man

Katyusha wrote:

i'm smiling as i type because this topic is dear to my heart and you're extending such kindness and gratitute. it's beautiful. the positive energy you extend into the world makes a difference.

there are usually "wish lists" each charity has regarding items (ie: sometimes its bandages, clothing, books, medical supplies for animal shelters etc) that are in short supply locally or hard to purchase, so bringing them in is relatively simple (given size etc). i'll fill an extra suitcase gladly.

thanks guys.

k

Kathryn you can't imagine how much am proud to know you you are so kind to suggest to help with what you can ?
Am impressed really can't express my feelings towards your generosity.

Katyusha wrote:

thanks guys.

k

Kathyyyy, you are always supporting us, you are just a great woman with the greatest heart ever
Thank you so much

semsema135 wrote:

Hey Guys am in
I couldn't see all these posts guys because I have till now something wrong in my laptop. Don Moe, I loved the idea alot, yeah plz do it man
I don't know how to help, I used to be with Resala before and Bedaya too, went to some hospitals before, and visited poor people, it was really great and i had great feelings at that time

Really I hope we can do something guys to enhance the conditions here in Egypt as I have really seen tons of poor people here, hope we can make it soon guys

Special thanks for DON MOE, you are a greaat man, just do it, and we are with you man

Thanks so much semsema for your support))))
If am great that's because I have good friends around me :)

Wohooooo, you became EB member with four stars, congratution man
See!that is because you have written this great thread about charity issues;)

semsema135 wrote:

Give me Cash not Stars :D kidding of course or stars will be taken from me :P
Actually I hope we all will be rewarded by good deeds ;)
And when I started to post this topic i told my friend that Luck will start now ;)

don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Give me Cash not Stars :D kidding of course or stars will be taken from me :P
Actually I hope we all will be rewarded by good deeds ;)
And when I started to post this topic i told my friend that Luck will start now ;)

Thumbs up, great job and am proud of u;)

don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Hey Guys am in

Guys,
I have worked with Resala before too. Resala & Bedaya are great and have done marvelous work over the last years, and they became very well known and have their own resources and activities; meanwhile, there are many other
associations that are in real need for help and contributions and many people who don't belong to certain association as well. Also we can form our own association by some little collective efforts and contributions and eventually form a great entity.

sweetnovember wrote:
don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Hey Guys am in

Guys,
I have worked with Resala before too. Resala & Bedaya are great and have done marvelous work over the last years, and they became very well known and have their own resources and activities; meanwhile, there are many other
associations that are in real need for help and contributions and many people who don't belong to certain association as well. Also we can form our own association by some little collective efforts and contributions and eventually form a great entity.

This is one of the best idea's really, i agree that we can start to arrange our own association  :one

Dear all

Only for your info.

Today I received lots of clothes starting the age of baby born till 6 years old +
And some toys also
Plus about 200 EGP

So I will start to donate them starting next week
And today I went to a shelter place in Heliopolis and nasr city area named(el wafaa wel amal) and had fun for about 40 minutes
Brought some chocolates,sweets and candies too :)
Can't describe the happiness and they offered me some candies too but I was fasting :D

don moe wrote:

Dear all

Only for your info.

Today I received lots of clothes starting the age of baby born till 6 years old +
And some toys also
Plus about 200 EGP

And today I went to a shelter place in Heliopolis and nasr city area named(el wafaa wel amal) and had fun for about 40 minutes
Can't describe the happiness and they offered me some candies too but I was fasting :D

bravo don moe!
really made me smile reading this. its funny how the "needy" can actually be "givers" in the end.
i suspect you walked away with more than what you gave because of their genuine gratitude. it feels like God just patted you on the head:)
i'm looking forward to helping in any way when i come.
salam,
k

Great idea don moe,
We can go to 57357 hospital, as a start and after our visit we can speak more and more for our next job,,,,( I can arrange a trip to one of the poorest area in Egypt is batn-el-bakar and we can go inside deeply if you want to see by your self,,,,etc)
For who is interest to do some thing in this topic we have to arrange a meeting to discuss more and more ...
Thanks
Islam Fekry

semsema135 wrote:
Katyusha wrote:
don moe wrote:

Dear all

Only for your info.

And some toys also
Plus about 200 EGP

bravo don moe!
really made me smile reading this. its funny how the "needy" can actually be "givers" in the end.
i suspect you walked away with more than what you gave because of their genuine gratitude. it feels like God just patted you on the head:)
salam,
k

You didn't tell us!!:(:(why did you go alone?? i wanna go the shelter places too, but good job

malsi wrote:

Great idea don moe,
We can go to 57357 hospital, as a start and after our visit we can speak more and more for our next job,,,,( I can arrange a trip to one of the poorest area in Egypt is batn-el-bakar and we can go inside deeply if you want to see by your self,,,,etc)
For who is interest to do some thing in this topic we have to arrange a meeting to discuss more and more ...
Thanks
Islam Fekry

Yeah Islam do it, good job man

Katyusha wrote:
don moe wrote:

Dear all

Only for your info.

And some toys also
Plus about 200 EGP

bravo don moe!
salam,
k

Really you are right as they almost gave me more sweets than I deserve :)

malsi wrote:

Great idea don moe,
Thanks
Islam Fekry

Great idea Islam,
I remember I went with you once to (batn el bakar) it was horrible to see how people live like them.

semsema135 wrote:
semsema135 wrote:
Katyusha wrote:

bravo don moe!
salam,
k

You didn't tell us!!:(:(why did you go alone?? i wanna go the shelter places too, but good job

Yeah I know , it was luck as I was passing by them so suddenly I desided to visit them in order to understand what they need :)
Plus you went with the gang to the fellouka :P

wlcome back islam , Im innnnnn guys

As mentioned in Holy Quran

"(The righteous are those) who feed the poor, the orphan and the captive for the love of God, saying: 'We feed you for the sake of God Alone; we seek from you neither reward nor thanks."
[The Holy Quran | 76:8-9]

PS: I don't want to drag this topic to religious issue's.

Thanks for understanding :)

don moe wrote:

"(The righteous are those) who feed the poor, the orphan and the captive for the love of God, saying: 'We feed you for the sake of God Alone; we seek from you neither reward nor thanks."

it's motivating what you did. no doubt the group will get together and spread some love. :)

Katyusha wrote:
don moe wrote:

it's motivating what you did. no doubt the group will get together and spread some love. :)

I hope as am waiting for actions to be taken not only words :)

Well mohamed, hope we can visit shelter places, play with the kids there and to buy for them things.

We wanna do actions towards that soon ya man;).It will be nice If we can visit them before Eid in order to let them feel happy, and also it will be big sawab

Cheers