It's Friday: Selamat Lebaran Everyone

I know, it's almost a week early, but it's the weekend, most people have a week off and Jakarta seems half empty already so it feels like holidays to me :)

Some bars are still open late and there are new clubs in Kunningan so off to enjoy the Friday night

Hope everyone enjoys there holidays and family feasting next weekend.

Are the bars and clubs open during Ramadan there?

Where do you live? In Jakarta?

Bars like Cazbar, Eastern Promise etc are open quite late (1-2am)and have live music some nights.

Many of the clubs are open to 3. I was in Blowfish last night and it was almost as busy as normal after 2. I Guess Stadium will be open till 4, but I've not been there this Ramadan

Hi Jazzy

I guess from your profile, you're not in Jakarta :D

What is it like in Bahrain during Ramadan?

Hi Sam,

You're correct im not from Jakarta. I'm based in Bahrain.

Over here in Bahrain during Ramadan, its really quiet. Working hours are shortened if you're fasting. Restaurants and eateries are closed during the fasting times of the day. No alcohol is served during the whole of Ramadan neither are bars and clubs open. :| You can't eat or drink (or even chew gum) in public during the fasting days. :|

However, everything opens after the fast is broken in the evening. So restaurants and malls stay open till late say like 1:00am in the morning. The roads are alot busier and shopping malls are crowded. Just two days back, i went to the mall and struggled to find parking at midnight :D

J :cool:

Yeayyy!!! Lebaran just less than one week away ;)
Happy holidays (again) Sam!

happy holiday all...
happy ed mubarak..

:)Thanks all for this topic, appreciate your thoughts as within 3 or 4 days all muslims will celebrate Idul Fitri! Happy holidays everyone and enjoy the quite and peaceful jakarta !!