Hi Christchurch :-)

Hi everyone,
I am a 28 yr old (almost 29 :) female and moved to christchurch in Jan from Auckland. I have left all my friends in Auckland (after living up there for 4 years) They were like my second family (my first are all still in the UK)It has been diffcult leaving my friends and I am eager to meet new people. I would usualy meet new friends through a running club but after a knee injury I have had to stop. I am eager to meet new people in my age range or anyone who enjoys the odd wine and a chat to hang out with. I am working as a primary teacher in Shirley. Anyone looking to make new friends send me a message and we can grab a coffee.
Thanks

Hi Gen84

I know exactly how you feel.  I have left my friends back in the UK and although I have been to every mother and baby group there is here, I'm finding that we are all so concentrated on our kids at the time that friendships are not really happening.  So I'd love to meet up with someone for a chat over a coffee (or wine) on the odd occasion when I can  get out without the wee one.

I'm a bit older than you at 37 but perhaps we might still have some things in common?

Let me know....
Kirsten

Hi yeah that would be great...I am going upto Auckland for a week, so will be in touch when I get back. Thanks Geneveieve

Hi ladies I totally understand what you mean. I'm the same. Been in Christchurch for almostv2 yrs now and like Kirsten I've join baby groups etc.  But I would really like to make some good friends. I missed mine back in London. Unfortunately I don't drive at the moment so it's a wee bit difficult for me to get around. Am having driving less s at the moment and aiming for my license in September. But I can still meet up at the weekends. And by the way I'm going to be 34 in a week and a bit! :)