The best age to move to New Zealand

Hello everybody,

No two people experience expatriation in New Zealand in the same way, depending on their age and personal situation. We would like to know more about you and ask you to share with us when you decided to move to New Zealand.

How old were you when you moved to New Zealand? Did you go alone or with your family?

In your opinion, was it the right time to move there?

Do you find this country welcoming for your age group or for certain categories in particular? Why or why not?

Are there any incentives (financial aid, lower taxes, etc.) and for which category of expats?

In your opinion, is there an ideal age to move to New Zealand?

Thank you for your contribution!

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

@Cheryl
I'm in the process of relocating. I'm coming alone. My children are young adults and in University. I'm in my early 50s.
Hello Fiona Savane,
Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

What is taking you to New Zealand?

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the New Zealand forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Fiona Savane Hello, Fiona. I am looking to relocate to NZ from the US (I'm also a Canadian citizen). May we keep in touch? I'd like to follow your process and experience relocating to NZ. Thank you! -Melanie

I'm planning to relocate, hoping in the next 6 months. My daughter is going to be going to University there and intends to stay on after and work towards citizenship. I'm seeking to do the same. Our motivation is that we have thought to live there since 2012 when we first visited, but we feel more motivated as of recent to make the move. I'm not yet 50, but close. With it being just my daughter and me, and we want a more active lifestyle and "feeling safe" and supported as women in this world, we are very much looking forward to heading to NZ. We've been in love with the country, people, and land for some years now. We are Kiwi's in heart!

I have a lot of friends there from all my visits. I have my master's degree and a ton of experience at the executive level, so I am hoping it won't take too long to find the right fit and offer of employment. Today, I had a recruiter advise me to get on some message boards to see what is out there, network, and get more immersed in conversations. I hadn't thought of this idea, so I'm giving it a spin.
Welcome on board, Balentina !

Feel free to read the articles of the Living in New Zealand guide for some valuable infos.

Should you need more precise information, you can start your own thread on the New Zealand forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the very best,
Bhavna

@Bhavna Thank you, I shall do.