Any Belgians residing here?

Hello all,

Let me start off with a small introduction...
I'm a 26 year old Belgian male born from a Mauritian mother and a Belgian father. Both my parents are retired and are living here for about a year now. Last February I decided to follow them and hence I've been living and working in Mauritius for about 2 months now. 
This is not my first visit to Mauritius so I can safely say I moved past the cultural shock. Although living and working here is not quite the same as spending a holiday here. Back in Belgium I was a system administrator, coming here I had to "downgrade" a bit
and found myself my first work experience as an IT technician for a wholesaler in IT equipment.

I speak fluently French and English, my Creole is getting along.. I understand the Creole language better than I can speak it, although after a few Phoenix's it seems my verbal skills are getting better :p

So erm, purely out of curiousity and back on topic, any Belgians residing here? I would love to get in touch and share experiences, tips and tricks.

Of course, everybody else is welcome too :)

hi i am belgian lol
i live here fore 6 years now
you can contact me if yuo want
tony

What an interesting description?
Am not a Belgian. we can just be friends.

Hi,I'm a Belgian too and still in Mauritius since 20 Years, with a lot of experiences.... call me back. A+

Hello Jean-Philippe Brusselmans -> Do not hesitate to share your experiences on the forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi - go to Resto de la Baie - just after the business park or Kapu-Kai? between grande Baie and Pointe aux Cannoniers - Jean Paul is the proprietor married to Savita - Belgian and Mauritienne respectively - not only do they have great food but will be able to give you real info about the island and also belgian contacts! cheers