New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Mauritius forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Mauritius if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien

Hello, I would like to know how to bring my dog from Nice to Mauritius. I am currently getting all the vaccinations and necessary requirements.

I just want to know how to find a forwarder and a broker. If you have a contact, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

@Ludovicaalbisetti

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to contact our partner for a free quote : https://www.expat.com/en/travel-with-pe … mauritius/

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello, I am James and exited to join the forum today (Jan10). Would like to know more about the forum and if you are welcoming non Mauritius as members. Thank you

@jorndirangu

Hello James and welcome on board !

Are you looking forward to moving to Mauritius ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Hi Julien, hi everyone. My name is Richard and I'm an Anglo-Maurtian looking to return to the island. I was born in London but grew up in Mauritius until the age of 13, when my family moved back to UK. Since then I've always wanted to come back to live and now that I've recently retired I think the time is right. I've been back many times on holiday and now that I've acquired my citizenship I can stay indefinitely. I'm hoping that by joining the group I'll be able to make fewer poor decisions in making the move!

@rnabenett

Hello and welcome on board Richard !

Thank you for sharing a few words about yourself with members.

I would suggest that you open a new thread on the Mauritius forum should you have any questions. Members will gladly guide you.

All the very best

Bhavna

@bhavna Hello everyone, my name is James from Nairobi Kenya. I am a practicing professional accountant based in Nairobi but have worked widely as an auditor in Kenya and Tanzania. I came across this forum yesterday while I was looking at available avenues to offer professional services in diaspora. I have a young family and we are really excited to work and travel internationally around the globe. It is my hope that a job in Mauritius would open that opportunity to come to us through the forum perhaps. Thanking you once again.

James Ndirangu

@Bhavna Thanks Bhavna. Will do.1f44d.svg1f642.svg

@jorndirangu

Hello welcome again !

If you have any questions, feel free to open your own topic on the Mauritius forum. We'll gladly guide you.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien hi my name is John Jack a bricklayer by profession and I am thinking of moving to Mauritius to look for a job.

@jjluckson71

Hello John,

welcome on board !

I would suggest that you find a job/employer before arriving. It will be difficult to find a job and an occupation permit (I am not even sure authorities give permits) as bricklayers jobs is mostly performed by locals.

Feel free to read the Mauritius Guide to find out more.

Regards

Bhavna

Ok. What other job can I get a permit easily?

How about getting  a caregiving job,will I be able to get a permit easily?

@jjluckson71

Qualifications in IT (web developer, programmer). Finance (accounts management) , Communication, marketing, sales

Foreigners should bring skills that are not available on the local market to be eligible for an occupation permit.

Regards

How about getting  a caregiving job,will I be able to get a permit easily?

-@jjluckson71

Is mostly done by locals again

What about painting or sculffoder for the heights I also have certificate for all that

Am a young guy from Nigeria,  coming to Mauritius soon.

I would love to make new friends both male and female.

@jjluckson71

Post your CV in the Jobs in Mauritius section. Try your luck

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

Hallo all,

I am married to my Mauritian Wife since 25 Years as from 2024, our daughter was born and grew up in Mauritius too. Since 2003 we live permanently in Mauritius and I am working here as well in a nice Enterprise. We are well installed and finally all goes well for us.

It is very nice to live here, even the tropical weather does not affect my health as the weather did in Europe. People her are friendly and you get quite everything you like to buy here in Mauritius. The beach is close by, having a nice Mauritian family where I was integrated easily after the wedding, that was celebrated in Mauritius in 1999.

kind regards,

uwag

Hi everyone!

My name is Chris.  My son, Daniel, and I are hoping to make Mauritius our new home by the end of the year.

I will be retiring, but my son would like to re-establish our music school and recording studio.  He is also a very talented musician and DJ.

We are looking forward to meeting people, and to being part of this vibrant and supportive community!

@DoReMiChris

Welcome on board, Chris !

Glad you joined Expat.com !

Feel free to reach out to members of the Mauritius forum for guidance if you need.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi, I moved to Mauritius in August last year. I am originally from the UK but have been living in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and Cape Town, SA for the last 8 years. I am based in Mauritius working from home for a pan-African financial services company and my husband is travelling between Zimbabwe and Mauritius frequently as he still has a business in Zimbabwe. I am looking forward to meeting others from this group at future socials and appreciate the advice provided in the various blogs and forum posts.

Hi everyone!

My name is Liia, me and my husband moved to Mauritius in October, 2022, from RF.

Want to know more about living here. Hope forum can help with it.

Best regards

@Liia12

Welcome on board !

How can we help you ?

Feel free to post your questions on the forum.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

How are you? i would like to relocate to Mauritius , i am looking for a job

@Bhavna

I am looking for a job, please assist me.

@dumbarimwea

Hello and welcome !

Please read the Mauritius Guide. Everything has been explained in it.

Also, job seekers are required to create their CV in the Jobs in Mauritius section.

Regards

Bhavna

Thank you.

@dumbarimwea There are plenty of sites for job vacancies in Mauritius. Just google 'jobs in Mauritius'. Eg, https://www.myjob.mu/Jobs/

Greetings everyone,

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm loving my time here in Mauritius. The beaches are pristine, the sunsets are stunning, and the local cuisine is delectable. However, there's one thing I'm lacking at the moment, and that's a girlfriend. Unfortunately, I'm not very outgoing and tend to keep to myself, which makes it difficult to meet new people. As a result, I'm currently single and hoping to find someone special during my stay here.

@Moayad94

Hello and welcome !

We are not a dating website. You might want to look for other more appropriate platforms on the net.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi!

My name is Max! I am a 24year old medical student from Austria who will be working at the SSRN Hospital from the beginning of march till the end of may. As I am still looking for an apartement I wanted to ask if anybody on this platform knows where I can find normal affordable housing. I am also very open minded regarding living with other people!:) about me: I love sports: judo, yoga, volleyball kites surfing etc. love to cook and like my place clean:)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards

Maximilian Knapp

@Julien Hallo every one Am nurse by profession and I want to migrate to mauritius and will wish to know the status requirement for Hepatitis B to practice as a nurse and even further studies in this country. Thanks

@Julien

Hello,

I just joined with a question for my son from the U. S. that wants to apply for Mauritius by descent citizenship.

@kaytee565

Hello and welcome !

Let us continue on the topic you have opened here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 47#5885202

We'll try to help.

Regards

Bhavna

Hello all!

I hope this message finds you well!

I'll be in Mauritius and available from April 5th to 17th and then from 28th to Mai 15th.

I'm looking for volunteering, pet sitting, house sitting, and/or couchsurfing.

I've got experience in housekeeping, hostel and camping management, kite center management, events management, waitressing, ... I'm also scuba diving and freediving. I've been living in Zanzibar for the past 2 years.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Marie

@marienowlala

Hello Marie

Welcome on board !

I would suggest that you create an advert in the Classifieds : https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/af … s/add.html

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello

I'm Nathalie a designer from the UK

Myself and my family are planning the move to Mauritius in November.

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Best wishes

Nathalie

@Julien

Hello, my husband of 30 years and I moved from Port Elizabeth, SA to Mauritius last year January.  We are semi-retired here and trying to keep ourselves occupied.  We own Aluminum, Drywall and Ceiling companies in SA which our son and his wife has now taken over and managing for us as part owners.  Happy to meet and greet with anyone and everyone.  We live in the Pereybere area and absolutely love the north.