Maltese roads = barmil ta 'harra

On the way home last night, I entered a pothole the size of my whole wheel on one of the main roads to Birkirkara. The impact cause such a shock to the car that the air-con starts vibrating now when I switch it on (association = Hell; just one euro something cents right??). I myself am traumatized by the incident and that this acceptable here in Malta. To get the internal damage checked and repaired would surely cost some 120 euro and who is going to pay for that? ADT said I could file a report of the incident to the but how am I supposed to prove to ADT that it was the pothole that cause the damage and how in the cats #%@ am I supposed to take a picture of the pothole in the middle of a 5 lane road? Sorry Malta, but you disappoint me yet again :| Millions paid in road taxes.. this is scandalous as much as it stinks, I feel sick to the stomach that this is permitable.

Do not fear, help is at hand:

The government is setting up a 24-hour road maintenance unit for prompt action on potholes, Roads and Infrastructure Minister Joe Mizzi said on TVAM this morning.
He said a freephone service would be set up for people to report potholes.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … irs.464066

And hey, it's not just Malta, it's the same as UK right now and you haven't paid your 'millions in road taxes' to Malta have you?
I doubt you have paid 'millions'.

So, sorry, but maybe your level of expectation was too high?

that new hotline will be interesting....but take heart someone did actually win his claim against the TM and got his money back for the repairs. so give it a go - my grandad always said "if you diont ask/try you will never get what you want". a wise old begger indeed.

As a degree holding intelligent person I suspect that 'markusday' will have no problems. After all, everyone else is ignorant, aren't they? 
Lets face it, he's paid 'millions' in road tax so should get some return for his investment.

now one can understand why there are so many Land Rovers on the roads :lol:

redmik wrote:

As a degree holding intelligent person I suspect that 'markusday' will have no problems. After all, everyone else is ignorant, aren't they? 
Lets face it, he's paid 'millions' in road tax so should get some return for his investment.

I suppose now you think you're trying to be funny..? Well guess what, now one's laughing at your jokes, go take a hike.

markusday wrote:
redmik wrote:

I suppose now you think you're trying to be funny..? Well guess what, now one's laughing at your jokes, go take a hike.

:lol::lol::lol:

Redmik

this is rather a good one (do it in the spring or late autumn though).........(too hot you know)

http://www.walkmalta.co.uk/files/viewroute.jpg

My apologies....I couldn't find one with pictures of expat hikers walking the route to give you an indication of how popular it is. You could probably take in that offshore restaurant just of Tower Road en-route..........I've heard the fish is superb.

MikeInPoulton wrote:

Redmik

this is rather a good one (do it in the spring or late autumn though).........(too hot you know)

My apologies....I couldn't find one with pictures of expat hikers walking the route to give you an indication of how popular it is. You could probably take in that offshore restaurant just of Tower Road en-route..........I've heard the fish is superb.

After all the marathons I've run that would be a 'piece of cake' old chap :)
May have to get a couple of ferries though and stop off at Surfside.

redmik wrote:
MikeInPoulton wrote:

Redmik

After all the marathons I've run that would be a 'piece of cake' old chap :)
May have to get a couple of ferries though and stop off at Surfside.

Surfside eh?..........ahhh! the memories.

:cool:

I must have a weird sense of humour cos I actually do find redmik, toon and mikeinPoulton quite funny and do laugh at their joking around, they should get together and do a comedy act after the hike, lol :)

(Runs to get some hiking boots too, lol)

And in between the jokes they do give very good and helpful information to people who are seeking advice and guidance on here!

rainbow3 wrote:

I must have a weird sense of humour cos I actually do find redmik, toon and mikeinPoulton quite funny and do laugh at their joking around, they should get together and do a comedy act after the hike, lol :)

Ah thank you, ah thank you.
Tickets available at the door :D

Bagsy last on - as most people remember the last one...lol

rainbow3 wrote:

Come join the party rainbow3..........it's a gas and life's too short.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/jezalmaarzoheten/animated%20gif/walking03.gif

............hiking to the next gig. :lol:

oh you done want that ...gas - have the rennies ready.

lol, love that clown picture :D

markusday, the roads in Malta are very bad. I'm afraid, they don't care what the people think about their roads. The government is corrupted, things are difficult to change. Sometimes, I think also the same as you have in your mind.

john2011 wrote:

markusday,

Sometimes, I think also the same as you have in your mind.

Hi John

what a fabulous analogy......I lived in 'Montesson' (near Paris) for 4 years, and after listening to the uneducated, stereotypical comments of the 'thick Brit' before I left England....I thought I was in for a rough ride.  We (as a family) were there for less than 2 hours before the 'locals' came to talk to and help us..... had I not been open minded (as a world traveler) it could have been a rubbish time.....as it turned out we had a fantastic time in Paris and France (for 4 years)....what great people......all because (as you say) we opened our minds.

Those who come to Malta and expect 5th Avenue, The Mall or Sydney Opera House need a reality check........it is what it is.

Me?.........I like what it is (warts and all).

Mike

john2011 wrote:

markusday, the roads in Malta are very bad. I'm afraid, they don't care what the people think about their roads. The government is corrupted, things are difficult to change. Sometimes, I think also the same as you have in your mind.

Amazing, the Government have been in power only about a month and they're corrupt already?
Actually the Government of Malta are trying to address the issues raised.

I wondered why I couldnt find the Sydney Opera House :D