Family surname research

as salaamu alaykum

Hi,

I am currently looking into researching my fathers history, any help would be appreciated and helpful.
My father has since passed he lived with us and I grew up knowing him, I know little about him as to where he was from specifically in Aden

I knew his name was anwar hasson zide apparently from Al mualla, he sailed to the UK in the late 1940's to early 50's.
I would like to learn more about him as in being able to obtain documents, registers or trace family members.
interested to learn more about the surname

inshaAllah

Hello Billy's home.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Looking for section (Missing people) in the Yemen classifieds could help. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Walikom Alsalam

I will inform you some information about your trace family. As i live in Sanaa Yemen,there are many families that belong to ZAID tribe .ZAID tribe is an original tribe in Yemen.I am from tribe that half of my tribe is called Zaid and in about three cites in Yemen there are ZAID tribe.

Hi.
just a quick query.
Was you Dad living in Birmingham by any chance?

asalaamu alaikum waragmatul laahie wabaraktu,
my name is abdusataar allie im from Cape town South Africa, im looking for my family in Yemen, my great grand father come to Cape Town South Africa via ship from Yemen in the year -+1901 he was born in Yemen Aden in the year 1887 and died of the age of 65 years old here in cape town.on the 27 September 1952.he made his own ice cream,he came from Yemen with the ice cream formula and start an ice cream business, his name was Abdullah Allie.
my great grand father had only 2 sons born here in cape town, and i am one of the grand sons of 1 of his sons.
my wish is to find my family in Yemen.all that i know is that he had a cousin by the name of Nasser bin Nasser who had a shop in Sanaa, the address of that shop was , shop no.2 street no2 in Sanaa.Nasser bin Nasser used to visit my great grand father regularly in Cape Town.
anyone of assistance that live in Yemen,that can find some of my family i will be very great full.
kind regards
abdusataar allie

salaam,my family surname is Muljahi Ali