How to make friends in Yemen

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Yemen :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Yemen??

Thanks in advance for your participation

well , it is easy>>>>>>>>>>... Yemeni people are very open minded and desperate to meet new people ... you got to know some locals then every thing will go fine >>> i can help to introduce some

Find a business or trade related to your work and people seem to come out of the woodwork. Have a can do attitude. Smile.

Dear paul,

Greetings! Kumusta ? (How are you? in Filipino)

I'm Ralph A. Ordiz, of  Maasin City , Southern Leyte, Philippines. I'm 23 years old, I'm an elementary teacher.

I found your e-mail as I search contacts in Yemen on Google.

I write you this e-mail because I have something to request, I don't know if I'm doing this right but I'm just hoping you could help me. I'm a stamp collector, a philatelist. I'm not going to ask you to give or send me some stamps but I have this little favor to asked, I would like to ask you to send me an envelope with my Name and Address written on it and then have it affix with nice Yemen postage stamps. (At least 3, the more would be great, one stamp will do) there's no need to put anything inside on the envelope. I think this will not cost you much. Please!!! I will ought it big. You can request your staff to do this for me. Please! this will help me a lot! Please! It will help also a lot in my teaching profession, I can show it to my class that there is a beautiful country known as Yemen. I'm also teaching Geography, not many people know about Yemen .

So, please! I have to beg you! Can you please mail me an envelope address to me affix with Yemen postage stamps. I collect them. I don't have something from Yemen. I don't have something from Yemen. Through it, I can promote the tourism of  Yemen and my pupils will learn about  Yemen.

Stamps are the smallest ambassador of a country. Right ? I wish to visit your country in my life someday.

Please! Please!

Hope to hear you soon.

Thank you!

Regards,

Ralph

My address:

Ralph A. Ordiz
420 R. Kangleon Street,
Abgao, Maasin City
Southern Leyte
ZIP Code: 6600
PHILIPPINES

hola!!! como estas?? well i am 25 years old i am mexican, new muslim and i would love to visit Yemen, i live in UAE at the moment and is very easy for me to get there, the problem is i dont have friends to go with,and is not good for me to travel alone specially to Yemen i would like to meet friends living in Yemen! ma3asalaama

Hello mariammmm,
You might want to insert an ad in Yemen's Classifieds under Community, Travel partners.
Good luck :)
Arlette

HI  IAM  OPEN MINDES  ORIGINALLY FROM ADEN  CITY
LIVING  IN SANNA   
HI  I  HOPE  TO  REPLY  ME  SOON

HI  U R     VERY  KIND  SO    IS  IT  POSSIBLE  TO  BE  YOUR  FRIEND  ??

IAM YEMENI  CITIZEN       
EMAIL:[email protected]
[Moderated: Please send numbers in private]
THANK U

Hi EMADALABSI,

Welcome to Expat.com.

For better visibility and more replies, i invite you to start a new thread on the Yemen forum.

A few words about yourself would be much appreciated as well.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

P.S: Can you please avoid posting in caps lock to ease the reading?

i like make friend in sanaa yemen... iam coming in sanaa on 1/1/2015 i will stay for 2 weeks then go back to UAE...