Looking for a job in Frederiksberg, Denmark.

Hi,

I'm a Eurasian that is currently living in Malaysia but I really want to find a job in Denmark. Preferably around Kronprinsesse Sofies area as I will be living there.

I am currently working as a Personal Assistant to the company's group's Managing Director and I am also holding the position of Business Development Executive in the company as well.

I'm seeking for an Administrative job or anything equavalent to that in Denmark. I graduated with Business Administrative and I'm good at organizing things.

Can anyone help me?
I would really appreciate it.

I can be reached at [email protected]

Thank you

Best Regards, Valerie Atkinson

Hello Valerie Atkinson.

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs in Copenhagen section? It might help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Aurélie,

Thank you.

Why is it so tough to get a simple job in Denmark?

First of all, it's not hard to get a job if you speak Danish and have some brains. And by that I don't mean that you don't have brains. Yes, there's financial crisis, but people also must learn to be a bit more creative.
Anyway, you may want to check out jobs in other places than just Frederiksberg. Because otherways you might find it difficult to find a job. Frederiksberg is just a little county where a lot of wealthy people live.
People living in Copenhagen and suburbs (actually half of Sjælland) are used to have a long way to work. My guess is that the average is about a 35 minute ride (and this goes for car ownes as well as people riding bikes or public transportation).
Some people even live on the North, West or South side of Sjælland and spend about one and a half hour going to work and back again - all in all about 3 hours every day. (But of course they are worst case scenarios).
Of course, "normal" people like you and I cannot spend 3 hours this way every single day. But looking for jobs only within the county Frederiksberg is not enough. I'm sorry! :-)

Hi Nickols,

I'm open for finding a job in Denmark, almost anywhere in Denmark but just not too far from Kronprinsesse Sofies area as that's where I will be living at. I definitely would not want to spend 3 hours or an hour just to get to work. It's just too crazy.

If you happen to know of an opening, please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Tak

Best Regards, whit3puppy

Do you speak Danish?

Only very little. I want to pick up the language when I'm in Kobenhavn as there's no one to practice with here.

Hi there,

I hope that you've been successful in the job hunt so far. If not, then as Nickols has suggested, you have to be creative and extend your search to outside Frederiksberg as you are severely limiting yourself like this.

Are you on LinkedIn? I use LinkedIn a lot in order to build up my Danish networks - I have been advised that networking is important here (of course it is important anywhere but apparently more so here).
You have experience so what I would advise is to join some groups on LinkedIn, particularly Danish expat groups, and join in by partaking in discussions so putting your name out there. For example, my background is in marketing and I have joined expat groups in Denmark but also Danish marketing groups and I join in as much as I can.

I can also recommend a website with great advice for new expats, it covers work, friends and other FAQs about Denmark. The link to the 'finding work' part is here: http://www.worktrotter.dk/component/con … hagen.html

I would also advise starting to learn basic Danish before you come over as I think having at least the basics down is vital. Before I moved to DK I used the 'Teach Yourself' series and I have since found a website called www.danskherognu.dk. I found the Teach Yourself series really good. If you start before you move over it'll stand you in good stead for when you start lessons. I have made great progress with the language since being in the country but I was learning before the move.

Wishing you the very best of luck.

Nicola

Also with regards to practising Danish, there may be some expat Danes in Kuala Lumpur that may be willing to help you with the language? There may not be but worth looking :)

Hi dicania @ Nicola,

I don't know any Danes living in KL sadly. I am on Linkedin. Okay. I'll check out the groups. Thanks.

Tak

Best Regards, Valerie Atkinson

Hi again,

Check out an expat community called InterNations - you can search for Danish expats in Malaysia (I imagine Kuala Lumpur definitely has a page) or you can post in the forums. Sorry, it won't let me link it here!

Held og lykke/good luck!

[Moderated]