Appeal UDI after family immigration rejected

Hello.. anyone here still waiting for an answer after appealing from family immigration case? Or maybe has experiences with the appeal before ? How was it going? Will appreciate if anyone can answer this. A little info might help. Thanks in advance :)
Hi Goonersafc,

Welcome to expat.com!

I hope someone can assist soon.

Vero
Expat.com team
Hey good evening
I'm looking for jobs in Norway house keeping cleaner

@Goonersafc

Hello, I was also denied a family reunification case, we have been waiting for 6 months, and the site says 17, to be honest, this is very sad, since I have no rights, I can't even go to the doctor. How long do you wait for an answer?

@stasia564 I've been waiting for almost 2 years

@Goonersafc

And you were given a positive answer to your appeal?

My family visa case was rejected by UDI and I appealed against the decision in April 2021. No reply so far. Upon asking, I and my wife are being told that they're processing other cases and our case is still in the queue. I don't know what do they want.

It has been more than 18 months now.

@stasia564 not yet. Still processing. Been waiting for a year now. But they still allow me to live in Norway during waiting time

@muhammadalikhan9223 yes the waiting time takes forever for those who applied in 2020-2021 because now they have changed their rules. So those who apply in 2022 get super quicker answer rather than older cases. But are you currently living in Norway while waiting?

@Goonersafc No, I live in Pakistan.

But whenever I or my wife call UDI about the processing, they use to say that our case is in "working sprint" and we'll receive answer soon. Another time, they say that the process older cases on priority basis and there are some cases which are older than yours so keep waiting.

@Goonersafc how did they let you stay in Norway? How did you do tbat or what should i do that ?

Hi @Cansu Sømhovd same situation here. As long as your appeal is on process. They will let you stay in Norway while waiting for the answer from UDI

@karen anonuevo thank you for your answer. I think my rp application will be denied, so i just wanted to know if i could stay. Thank you again.

@Cansu Sømhovd I think as long as you don't received concrete answer yet or final answer from UDI  you can stay.

@karen anonuevo thank you Karen, are you in same stuation ? Experience ?

@Cansu Sømhovd first of all, you have to write down and asking for “deferred implementation of the decision” on your appeal letter. Then send the letter BEFORE the deadline, after that you can stay in Norway as long as you don't get any answer yet. As far as I know, not everyone is allowed to stay here while waiting for appeal. That's why they will answer you regarding if you can stay or not.

I got the answer after 14 MONTHS. Different for each case, some get the answer quicker or later.I got letter from UDI about a week ago saying that they're agree to let me stay while waiting for the appeal. So my application is still on process. I wish you luck on your case. You're not alone.

@Goonersafc thank you for your kind answer. You mean you got answer that you can stay in norway during the appeal after 14 months later ??? !!!!

@Cansu Sømhovd yes in my case, I got the answer after 14 months. But some  got the answer in few weeks but usually if they got it quick, the answer is they're not allowed to stay so must leave norway before deadline.  So it's very different for each case.

Thank you again. Hope they will let me stay. No where to go for me...

@Goonersafc My husband just got a rejection letter today by Bangkok embassy. The reason was that my job seller visa is valid until 28.02.2023. However, I have been accepted to UiB and have applied for my new residence permit and have been waiting for the answer, but UDI did not consider his application in relation to my new residence permit. I have written an appealing letter and got my husband signed and will send to appeal tomorrow.

hi everyone!

do you have any news about your case ? can you share your experience if you have one?

also, I really wonder, if they let me stay during the appeal waiting time and if my visa expired. and if the appeal ended up with denied again. Isn't it a problem for me the next time? What's your suggestion? waiting here during the appeal or going back to my country?

thanks all in advance

Hello everyone, my case is different from anyone here so my lawyer was doing her great job to help me to get an appeal for family residence but after more than 2 years of waiting. I've got the rejection February, therefore I need to return to our country soon after the appeal in the court is done. My concern is that my kids is living for 5 years in total from svalbard to mainland of Norway. They send us here because of the severe abuse of my 4 minor children. Then we still got rejected even we won in our case this last  December. I need to know if someone here can help me? My 4 daughters still studying here and they are good in norwegian. Please kindly help me what to do?  🙏🙏🙏

Thanks in advance

Dears all,

I hope all is well.

I received my denial letter on 16 feb 2023 for family immigration and I appealed 10 days later then denial.

would any one who was or is at the same situation to discuss.

thanks

@stasia564

Sir/Ma'am,

have you received any feedback from UDI for your appealed?

Thanks

@Kabulkhqn is your case transfered to UNE? and may i ask what the cause of denial was if you dont mind ofcourse?

No, still my appeal is at UDI, I and my family are out of Norway right now, based on the immigration law part 31 the UDI rejected my case. I'm sure you know well about section 31 of immigration law.

I would like to ask a question. What are the advantages and disadvantages of appeal for family immigration visa refused fot not enough income. I dont know what to do.  (I am in morway)

I Got Rejection From UDI For Additional Studies with my family at 15 May 2023 then i appealed at 31 May 2023...Needs Your Support for Further Process...And The Objection was only one that House Contract owner gives to another persons also for Rent Purpose same House...i got new Contract and submitted with Appeal...And also how much time they will take for Reply