WATCHING THE TRI-NATIONS RUGBY

Hi all,

My husband and I moved here from Cape Town SA, a month ago.

WE really love supporting the Boks,  we havent subscribed to any TV here and would like to know where we can watch the Rugby in English in the Sliema Area.

Went to Times Square last weekend, but half way through the game it had to be changed to Italian commentation, something to do with the Satalite and football!! Not cool, not cool at all!!

Any Help would be awesome!!

Mary

These places may be showing the games - as they have been known to show Rugby matches in the past:

The Dubliner (Spinola Bay), Portside (Sliema), Saddles (St. Julians), Ryans (St. Julians), The Draytons (Pacewille).

Also they are available on the Interwebs via various means.

Tim

Hi ,

Welcome to the forum and to the island.

I remember the discussion and posts about your ' children' and quarantine.

Cheers
Ricky

You may wish to try the Salisbury Arms in Triq Ghar Id-Dud in Sliema (closed for the next few days whilst the folks take a well earned holiday but opening again next week-end I believe) Find Scotts Supermarket, past the Palace Hotel and just up the hill from there...

and as an added bonus... they serve good beer!!!

mikea wrote:

Such as?

hammersfan wrote:
mikea wrote:

Such as?

*** Guinness ***

oh and I think some other stuff as well !!!

Thanks all,

will def give it a try for the next SA game.

Mary

ricky wrote:

Hi ,

Welcome to the forum and to the island.

I remember the discussion and posts about your ' children' and quarantine.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Thanks been here a month now and enjoying it.  The 'Children' are in Quarentine... very heartbreaking but we just couldnt leave them behind...

Mary

Hi MaryLove,

I am a Bokke supporter .. and stumbled onto your post. My wife and I am moving to Malta in the next week and I will just die without getting to see the RWC. Have you guys sorted a spot yet to watch the games?

Hope to hear from you soon

Nick

Give me a PM when you get to St Pauls, I am in Qawra, I watch all the Scotland/Wales/Ireland games and anyone playing England, I sometimes watch The OZ games just to see how it should be played. Jim

id have thought Munchies in Qawra/Bugibba in tourist street would be showing the WRC.. they are big rugby followers - we went to watch the malta v sweden game live at Paola last year with them.

Images bar along from Qawra Palace has most sport on TV, Dropped in there last night, Jim

Hello,
With regards to Rugby, we are 8 married couples who are Welsh rugby supporter's and we refuse to pay the ridicolous Dublin prices after watching the prices rise and rise over the past sixteen years we have been going to Ireland so we are going to Sliema for the Ireland v Wales match.
Where are the best pubs or rugby clubs that might welcome us.
thank you
dumper