Camping in Gozo

Hello everyone, we would like to try camping in Gozo with our kids. I have read somewhere that there is no official camping site in Gozo, but permits can be obtained from local councils. Has anyone tried this?
Also even if there is no camping site, is there any agroturismo, B&B,  private field,etc. which would allow camping on their site? The kids are young so some facilities would be nice.
Thank you

really you wish to go camping when there are hunters about.........

pevi wrote:

Hello everyone, we would like to try camping in Gozo with our kids. I have read somewhere that there is no official camping site in Gozo, but permits can be obtained from local councils. Has anyone tried this?
Also even if there is no camping site, is there any agroturismo, B&B,  private field,etc. which would allow camping on their site? The kids are young so some facilities would be nice.
Thank you

theres a campsite in comino  thats quite nice

Toon wrote:

some people like being woken by a large bang in the morning lol

I think toon might have had enough of bangs,as an earthquake has been reported on Cyprus.Hope everything is ok. :(

Found this: In Gozo, there are many scenic areas where one can set up his own tent.  Amongst the most popular spots are Dwejra, Dahlet Qorrot and Wied il-Ghasri area.  Comino is ideal to place a tent as the island is uninhabited and offers some basic facilities at Santa Marija Bay.
Wild camping is possible on the islands but one needs to obtain a special permit from the local council.  A permit costs EUR 30.00.
You could try contacting the Scouts? Maybe the Parish Council websites?

maltaforme wrote:

I think toon might have had enough of bangs,as an earthquake has been reported on Cyprus.Hope everything is ok. :(

i missed it completely - didnt feel a thing

missed all the ones in Malta too lol

robpw2 wrote:
Toon wrote:

thought that  might have come from  you  -  do u like a bang in the morning  - large or small?

robpw2 wrote:
pevi wrote:

Thank you

theres a campsite in comino  thats quite nice

I second this ^^. There's a very nice campsite in Comino and it's right next to a beautiful bay as well.

Wouldn't go camping in Gozo though.

robpw2 wrote:
Toon wrote:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070312120559/uncyclopedia/images/3/32/KennethWilliams.jpg

ooooh suits you sir

hello,
can someone recommend a place for camping in Gozo ? if a permit is need it, from where?
also about camping in Comino, do you know from where can I get a permit, and when is opening the camp site in Santa Marija Bay ?
thanks,
dan