International Schools in Madrid

Hello,

I am moving to Madrid as an American expat and looking for advice for an international school (actually nursery or pre-school) in Madrid for my 4 year old son that is English speaking. I am looking at American or British schools.

I am looking at both American School of Madrid and King's Infant School. Does anyone have any thoughts on the pros/cons of either school? Or other options? We will be living in the city center, most likely Salamanca area. thanks

@joel_collins_45

I'm interested in advice on this topic too.  I have a 3yo and 1yo.

I'd like to find a place that offers 50/50 Spanish and English instruction.  Unfortunately, the options seem to be either all English, with an hour of Spanish a day, or all Spanish, with an hour of English a day.
Hi,
We also are interested in this topic. We will be moving to Madrid next summer (2023) and needing to find an international High School for our son. We are looking at Aquinas, American School of Madrid and Casvi.
Thank you,

Hi. I live outside of Madrid with my family.  I moved here from the USA and have lived here for 7 years.  I have 2 children in school here. They are in 5th de primeria and 3rd of ESO.  We looked at the American school of Madrid and several different british schools.  We decided to enroll the children at Gredos San Diego.   Its an american/british school..  My son started in the 5years old infantil program ( PreK) and my daughter 2nd primeria.  They have several classes in a day taught in english. Once they are in ESO all classes are taught in Spanish.  This type of school has helped my children become bilingual and has been a good experience for them.

Hello Sherri,

Thank you for your suggestion1f60e.svg

I hope other members looking for International schools find it useful as well.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team