New members of the Montenegro forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Montenegro forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Montenegro if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Good day to everyone! My name is Daniil (or Daniel), I am living in Russia. I would like to move to Montenegro with my wife for permanent living. I really hope that you can help us!

Good day everyone, my name is Precious and I want to visit Montenegro with my husband and the consular in my country asked for an invitation letter, I need help with any information on how I can get one, thank u
Hi there,

Just moved to Montenegro about three weeks back. Looking forward to know people here, make new friends.

Thanks
Hi Good day to all ,

Am planning to move to Montenegro , and planning to set up -small house hold manufacturing - Toilet tissue paper , paper napkins , disposable coffee & tea & juice paper cups .

Please connect with me to proceed further .
Hello, my name is Melanie

me and my partner are keen to explore Montenegro for future plans!
@Julien

Bonjour

JJe m'appelle Ollivier Galibert ...je souhaite m'échapper de cette folle cohue et débandade occidentale et s'expatrier au Monténégro.

JJe recherche recherche donc une grande maison familiale au bord de la mer ...avec QQ contraintes, a savoir, je suis sur fauteuil roulant

Merci par avance de tous vvos bons conseils éclairés tant admnistrativement (ce que je hais et fuis pour mes jours restants,) que matériellement .
Merci

@Julien My Name is Shola, I am a Nigerian that intends to relocate to Montenegro with my wife and kids . I need all the support I can get. Thanks everyone.

Large family land, clean papers, no hidden flaws, owner 1/1, away from the crowds and close to everything that matters for 15 minutes. from the town of Mojkovac. The land area is 160,000 m2, with two houses 160 m2 and 49 m2 with a hangar for animals of 90 m2. The household is located in the most beautiful place in Montenegro, Potrk - Obod. Cultivated, consists of forests, meadows and pastures, suitable for all, access roads, electricity, internet, TV, close to public transport bus and train stations, markets, hospitals, lakes, rivers. The property is a real paradise for rest, housing, ethno village, hunting ground, organic production or meditation center. Countless ideas can be realized on this land. Clean, healthy and fresh air, spring waters, optimal altitude and a relaxing and priceless view, removing all traces of today, stress, tension and nervousness, whether summer or winter, this property always has its charms.

Hi all,

Newbie on the Montenegro forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,

or to tell us more on your expat projects in Montenegro if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

- @Julien

@Julien Gracias Por la ayuda, Yo quisiera mejorar  de mi parte  ,  Lo que más me  interesa es el trabajo , que posibilidades tengo de trabajar en ese país tan hermoso , cómo puedo obtener ayuda , quisiera ayuda ,, por favor 🙏 ayuda

Hello everyone, welcome to Expat.Com!

@ Jenny, you are participating on the anglophone forum, where you will be required to write only in english.

Should you want to interact in spanish,  here is the link the Foro Montenegro

All the very best,
Bhavna
Good day, I am Riaan (Ryan), South African currently living in Dubai, looking at moving to Montenegro.
Hello RiaanJH,

Welcome to expat.com!

Could you tell us a bit more about you? Your work, your interests etc.

It will be nice to know more about you1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team

Hello everyone

I am Micheal from Nigeria am looking forward to get admission into a university but am not getting response...

anyhelp would be largely appreciated

thanks

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff. I am an American living in Los Angeles planning to move to Tivat area with my wife & 3 children in July 2023. Hoping I will get more information on different topics to help prepare for the big move. Look forward to meeting other expats as well.

Welcome on board Jeff,

Feel free to open your own threads on the Montenegro forum whilst posting your queries. Members will surely help if they can

All the best,

Bhavna

Jeff,  My name is Sonja and I am an American also planning to move to Tivat in the summer of 2023.   So I am sure we will have all the same information needs.  Hope to find some help here.

@MilesofTravel I'm renovating my apartment outside Tivat and will move there in January from Seattle. I'll try to answer questions.

@sonja5718 I'm renovating my apartment outside Tivat and will move there in January from Seattle. I'll try to answer questions.

@Freyada I currently own an apartment in Tivat which I am renting out. I am from Florida. I would love to hear about your renovations, etc.

Freyada and Blond on the Right, I live in Florida but am headed out this Spring to find a place in Croatia.  Would love to hear on how difficult it was to move to Montenegro.  Are you there year round or only part of the year.  Did you get temporary residence and did you do it there.   Maybe we can meet up.  Inquiring minds want to know.

@Blond on the Right Renovations projects are not easy to manage in Montenegro especially because many people don't work with western standards so it can be a nightmare. I did renovation for years and after 3 years, I finally build a team but it was hard.

Regarding residency it's becoming more difficult to get bank account than previous years by company formation but not impossible. For owners of real estate, no problem. The banks are developping more and more e-banking services as the country was late about that.

@Blond on the Right The renovations ballooned from a simple desire to remove the wall between the kitchen/diner and the room next to it, to a full-blown, full-apartment do-over. The caretaker of my building brought a local (Krašići) builder friend of his to take a look when I was there in November, and the builder immediately noted water encroachment and crumbling plaster, which I hadn't see when I bought it in May. We negotiated a price and scope of work in November, and they have been working on it ever since. New plaster ceilings, walls, stucco and waterproofing outside, new radiant heat floor and new tiles, and a totally replacement of the bathroom and kitchen. They're about 1/3 done at this point and it looks amazing. I will be there late February by which point it should be complete. At that point I'll be happy to share the builder's details.

As others have said, "managing" a renovation from afar, without a shared language, could be challenging. The builder I'm working with speaks no English, and I speak infantile Montegrin, so we use Viber, which has a translate feature, and I use Google Translate a lot. I was an interior designer years ago so I am most comfortable working from drawings and lists and spreadsheets, and having my hands on the samples etc. None of that is happening, so it's been nerve-wracking. That said, we are making it work and it's been surprisingly easy. When I was there in November I chose all the essentials (tile, paint colors, shower surround, toilet, sink, bath fixtures, fridge, oven, cabinet colors and counter etc), so we have a record of those (photos taken at Kips with bar-codes etc). We walked around and marked the locations of important things on the walls. I did drawings and sent them to him, and we can doodle on the photos via Viber, making notations and changes etc, which is immensely helpful. I get a handful of photos most days, showing the progress that's been made, and it's reassuring. I have every reason to believe the rest of it will proceed as well as it has until now.

@NikoChicPapillon Not true about the residency leading to bank accounts. No bank that I contacted or have heard of in the other forums is opening accounts for foreigners right now, unless they already have residency. IT's one of the things I'm unsure about how to handle when I get there.

@sonja5718 I would be happy to meet - I'm not far from the border with Croatia (or will be in February once I've moved). I will be applying for residency based on property purchase. I'm hoping that the bank issue doesn't complicate that excessively.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013133

Thanks!

Closed