American Express cancelled my Filipina additional member card.

I set up my Filipina with an American Express card a s a member on my account. They require a social Security number but will accept a passport number temporary. That time limit has run out. Is there any way I can set this up with another card company or any work around?

Thanks

Wingfat wrote:

I set up my Filipina with an American Express card a s a member on my account. They require a social Security number but will accept a passport number temporary. That time limit has run out. Is there any way I can set this up with another card company or any work around?

Thanks

Reading your introduction page, you say you're in the middle of a divorce. I would advise others to read Wingfat's introduction page also.

My advise for you Don't give your Filipina Girlfriend any access to your credit cards

Well I can't put opinion on the matter without going into the whole details, like how long have you known this girl here? subjective I know, some people fall in love and get  married after 3 months and they are together 20 yeas.  Also, what you do with your AMEX is your business.

but based on reading your intro page. Uh man, Please just dont. not your AMEX

Perhaps its a good explanation why you can't give her a AMEX since requires a SSN. If she gets pisst, then that is a red flag. Or If you really want to give her access to some funds, get her a prepaid debit card.

I just give my missus my VISA card and she goes shopping, they never even bother asking for a ID and the name on the card is clearly a guy's name. lol

Be careful, Best of Luck and Stay Safe

or better yes, forget everything I said and just give her a set amount of cash every month. Why she need a AMEX here anyways? aside from braggin rights.

frankanderson wrote:

long have you known this girl here?

but based on reading your intro page. Uh man, Please just dont. not your AMEX

There must be more to the story. . .I had no trouble adding my stepson to
my American Express card. He doesn't have a social security number.

He does all our outside the home shopping, in the past I just gave him my card, but sometimes the Pharmacy would not accept it, so I got him his own card on my account.

Again don't be the fly attracted to the fly paper.

Now if you ever make it to the Philippines, if you want to get married get a Muta, Nikah Mut'ah marriage. It is a contract of marriage that dissolves at a time set by you. You can get married and walk away in 30 days or what have you.

Hey there I am very careful with my AMEX card what I do is add her to a visa or Mastercard with a spending limit on it. Good Luck

Wingfat wrote:

Thanks

Oh dear. Some people never learn. Setting up a western woman with a credit card is to put it mildly tempting fate. To do so with a Filipina is asinine  :dumbom:
Its akin to leaving a lush overnight in a brewery or the same with a child in a sweetshop.

Thanks for the input..

I have a limit set on the card so I've got limited liability.. Someone mentioned that they have added an additional member without a SS#.... There is nothing "going on" that would cause AE to require this.. They sent the card to the Philippines and allowed temporary access via her passport number. This is however temporary.

I don't expect anyone to understand my particular situation and if I was on the outside looking in, I would give the same advice as everyone here. I actually meet here right here on expat.com.

I am fully aware of the "Dating (Scam) Industry" and have seen it many times in action. She uses the card to buy shoes and supplies for her kids...and asks for permission before any use....  I bet most of your wives don't do that..

Thanks

I'm curious to know whether you approached this tantalising Filipina or visa versa on Expat.com? I did a quick check on the personal classifieds ( Remember Rupert Holmes - Escape :D )  which currently shows no ads from guys seeking gals. Occasionally we get a Filipina 'fishing' in the general categories. Well who can blame them. Its like the ritual crossing every year of the Wildebeest at a specific point on the Mara river from Kenya to Tanzania where the crocs are waiting..

Wingfat wrote:

Thanks for the input..

I have a limit set on the card so I've got limited liability.. Someone mentioned that they have added an additional member without a SS#.... There is nothing "going on" that would cause AE to require this.. They sent the card to the Philippines and allowed temporary access via her passport number. This is however temporary.

I don't expect anyone to understand my particular situation and if I was on the outside looking in, I would give the same advice as everyone here. I actually meet here right here on expat.com.

I am fully aware of the "Dating (Scam) Industry" and have seen it many times in action. She uses the card to buy shoes and supplies for her kids...and asks for permission before any use....  I bet most of your wives don't do that..

Thanks

Some guy in Nigeria will be buying shoes and supplies for himself.

Never leave home without it  :D

Lotus Eater wrote:

Never leave home without it  :D

Never leave your wallet with someone else. 😂

Bob,

Please don't advise guys to get a Muslim marriage unless they are Muslim.

Presumably, it is because of the Patriot Act.  I say this because once upon a time (like 30 yrs ago) I was issued one by a relative and no issues.
I agree with the other comments here though it is a very powerful card.

Anyone here know of aircon bus from Clark servicing the Northern provinces