Certificate of good standing

Hello,
I am from Cambodia. I worked as a doctor in Vietnam for 5 years. Now i plan to move to Singapore. I want to register there to work as a doctor. One of the paper i need that is certificate of current professional status or certificate of good standing. Did anyone have that problem before? Do you know where i should contact? Which kind of papers do i need to prepare? Thank you so much.

Thank you for your dedication and service, there are a lot of medical staff tired and over worked I can understand your move.

I started to prepare 3 years ago, guy. Do you think anyone who working as doctor right now, they can leave their job? Stop mocking when you don't understand anything

I know 3 medical staff, 2 nurses and 1 Doctor, I understand 100% and was not mocking, all 3 have said they need time off, also there is a news story on vnexpress . Net today about staff wanting time off and loosing their certificates if they do, and so far over 500 comments on they do a great job and need a rest and should not loose their certificates.
I was saying thank you, not mocking.

@srabonahm Hello, I'm a doctor. Have been working in Vietnam. Now I need a good standing certificate too to move other country. Could you please share your experience how you got that? Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I am from Cambodia. I worked as a doctor in Vietnam for 5 years. Now i plan to move to Singapore. I want to register there to work as a doctor. One of the paper i need that is certificate of current professional status or certificate of good standing. Did anyone have that problem before? Do you know where i should contact? Which kind of papers do i need to prepare? Thank you so much.

- @srabonahm

Dear Dr Srabonahm, Thank you for your question. I am looking for the authority agency in vietnam to get certificate of goodstanding too. How is it going by you? Can you please share me some information?
Thank you!
Hello everyone,a

You can browse the forum by using ''Good standing'' as keyword to see if this topic has been discussed before.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Sodilyok

Hi Sodilyok? did you already get the certificate? I'm now looking for some info about the procedure but it seems there is no public info. Can you share your experiment?

I'm guessing it's like a Police Record check in Canada? The police run your ID through their data base to see if you have a criminal record and provide a printout at a nominal fee  or free.

Many employers requie this and will cover the cost if any…

@TaảuusTiger Thank you so much, but I think it is a different one. It should be done by the authority deparment but it seems we don't have any official website in Viet Nam to check the procedure 😬

Hello nguyethahmu, and welcome to expat.com.

@TaảuusTiger Thank you so much, but I think it is a different one.

Right you are.

It should be done by the authority deparment but it seems we don't have any official website in Viet Nam to check the procedure 😬        -@nguyethahmu

May I ask, are you a medical professional (doctor/nurse/dentist/etc)? Or perhaps the owner of a registered company in VN? A member of a licensed profession (engineer/electrician/welder/etc)?

Are you intending to leave VN, and so need the certificate to continue in your field in a different country?

I'll try to help you with this as best I can, but I have to confess that this is somewhat new territory for me.

Once more, welcome aboard expat.com. Hope to hear more from you soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you so much for replying.

I am a nurse and I want to leave VN and continue working as a nurse.

@Aidan in HCMCThank you so much for replying. I am a nurse and I want to leave VN and continue working as a nurse.         -@nguyethahmu

You're quite welcome.

I did some initial research into this for you. Apologies in advance if you've already explored these avenues.

There appear to be a couple of gov't ministries/departments which might be a source for your obtaining your certificate.

these include:

• VNA: Vietnamese Nursing Association

Floor 9, Tri Thuc Palace, No. 01 Ton That Thuyet St., Cau Giay Dist., Ha Noi, Vietnam

+84 24 37260041

hoidieuduong@gmail.com

www.hoidieuduong.org.vn (dead page? try here for further VMOH search results)

• VMOH: Vietnamese Ministry of Health

138A Giang Vo Street, Kim Ma Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi

https://moh.gov.vn/

• MOLISA: Vietnam Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs

12 Ngo Quyen Str, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Tel: (+8424) 62703645 - (+8424) 39388407

https://english.molisa.gov.vn/

and lastly,

• MOET: Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training

No 35, Dai Co Viet, Ha Noi, Vietnam

Tel: (+84)043.8695144

Email: bogddt@moet.gov.vn

https://en.moet.gov.vn/about/Pages/inde … temID=3931

(I believe that this might be your best bet, and perhaps where you should start. On their website, noted beneath their address above, scroll down to items #12 and further)

If these ministries/departments are unable to help you, feel free to let us know. There are many helpful folk on expat.com who might offer alternative suggestions.

Hopefully this will be of assistance to you. Please let the forum know whether or not your were successful in obtaining your certificate. We'd very much appreciate it.

VNA: Vietnamese Nursing Association
Floor 9, Tri Thuc Palace, No. 01 Ton That Thuyet St., Cau Giay Dist., Ha Noi, Vietnam
+84 24 37260041
hoidieuduong@gmail.com
www.hoidieuduong.org.vn (dead page? try here for further VMOH search results)

https://hoidieuduong.vn/

Nursing Association

(had to remove the .org)

@nguyethahmu

Hmmmm. It appears that the final link I provided, MOET: Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training, has been taken down, now returning a 404 error.

When I viewed it just 2 days ago, this  is what showed. (Link) See items #12, #13, and further.

In the event you are unable to view this new link, here is a copy/paste of items #12 and #13.

(I feel #13 warrants particular attention)

12. Education quality assurance:

a) Promulgating national standards for education and training establishments falling within the Ministry's state management scope according to the structural framework of the national education system and Vietnam's national qualification framework; providing detailed guidelines for stratification and ranking of higher education institutions with research orientation and application orientation; the minimum quality assurance conditions for implementing training programs;

b) Formulating and submitting to the Government the regulations on conditions, competence, procedures for granting, revoking operation registration certificates or certificates of additional registration of education activities at intermediate pedagogical levels, pedagogical colleges; conditions and procedures to permit and suspend training activities of foreign invested universities, institutes and higher education institutions;

c) Deciding to permit and suspend training activities of universities, institutes, scientific research academies allowed to train doctors and foreign-invested higher education institutions. Specifying the conditions, order and procedures for opening or suspending the operation of university-level disciplines and training majors in masters and doctoral degrees; deciding to permit the opening or suspension of activities of the bachelor majors, majors or training specialties in master and doctoral degrees;

d) Regulating the determination of recruitment quotas at the intermediate pedagogical level, pedagogic colleges, universities, masters and doctoral degrees;

d)  Directing and guiding the quality assurance of education in educational and training establishments within the state management scope of the Ministry.

13. Education quality accreditation:

a) Prescribing the standards for assessment of educational quality; process and cycle of education quality accreditation at all levels and levels of training under the Ministry's state management;

b) Formulating and submitting to the Government the regulations on conditions for establishment, dissolution, duties and powers of educational quality accreditation organizations;

c) Regulating the issuance and revocation of education quality accreditation certificates;

d) Directing and guiding the quality accreditation of education and training establishments, education and training programs within the Ministry's state management scope.

@Aidan appreciate! I will try and update the results soon. Thank you so much!!

@Aidan appreciate! I will try and update the results soon. Thank you so much!!
        -@nguyethahmu

That would be great! We'd very much appreciate it.

Hope to hear back soon on your successfully attaining the certificate.

@nguyethahmu

Hello, I'm a dentist working in Vietnam, and I'm now seeking a certificate of good standing to qualify for a clinical training program in foreign country.

May I ask if you completed the procedure to obtain the certificate of good standing (COGS)? I have prepared all the required documents but am stuck on this certificate.

If you have completed the procedures, could you please instruct me how to get it? I appreciate your help a lot. Thank you very much in advance.