New to living in Senegal

Hello, Everyone,

My name is Hadija and I am a newbie to this forum . I met my husband 7 years ago in  the Gambia. when I migrated from the United Kingdom. He is Senegalese  and I am  from the Caribbean .  I have out grown Gambia so we are thinking about relocating to Warang? ,next year.
I like to plan ahead therefore I am requesting info from members about their daily experience when dealing with the everyday stuff.  Experience will vary , and yes, my husband has shared his knowledge, however, his interpretation will vary, also he has been living in the Gambia for an extensive period.

I would like a perspective about the cost of everyday living in Senegal. Best supermarkets, medical access to hospitals and local clinic, along with cost of medication.  In Gambia we are required to have a Tin Number and a residence documents. Are these a requirement and at what cost. Best banks or not. Wi-Fi deals/ packages. We are thinking about opening a Restaurant how favourable to expats.

Would appreciate if you would direct me to alternative groups, agencies that I am able to source information from.
Thanks for listening and I look forward to reading your responses.

I'm seeking for job, I'm a heavy duty mechanic/ fabricator/ electrical

@Morris Lamacik

Google is your friend.

Hello Hadija,

Senegal is very good and calm. Everyday live here is ok if you prepared very well. Senegal accommodates both the rich, middle class and poor people.
A taxi takes minimum of 3dollars, there are also BUSSES LIKE Dakar dem dirk AND Tata BUS which can take you anywhere you are going.
Warang is 80 to 90 km to Dakar, but the place is ok too because sally and mbour are happening place too.
I think nice super markets are found in Dakar like AUCHAN( all there products are mainly from France and locally products. Hospitals are in every locality but government hospitals are more cheaper than private hospitals. Going to hospital does not invlove your residency but it all depends on the hospital.
There are so many banks here and all are trusted one's one's.
WIFI prices varies - 12 900 F 2 mega; 19 900 F 8 mega, 29 900 F 15 mega. There are other higher one's too.
There are many good restaurants here for expats , just be positive and do your job here.
Emmanuel

Hello Emanuel, how is your day going. . Thanks for the positive response . I am hoping to settle in Warang, my husband said that it's near to M'bour, that seems to be active. I will definitely enjoy this vibe.
Will revisit your response and I am sure that I will have further questions. For example, living in a hot climate how do you store food? especially protecting pulses ,rice and flour from weebles laying their eggs? 
Have a great day

Hadija

Hello hadijashazab90 ,

are you already here? About storing of foods do you mean Weevils? I have a family friend that leave and farms in diamniado, it is close to mbour, may be i will ask her to help me with this questions ok. Do not worry. I will also ask her 'What's the daily salary paid  to farm workers and to ladies to assist me in the home'. But i think monthly is better , it will save you cost.
Emmanuel

Dear Hadija,

having talked with my family friend, she said that they used to cover there flour ,rice in a sac and store it in a freezer for sometime then they will remove it and either put it back to a fridge or they will leave it in the sac . She says that the coldness of the freezer kills the weevils.
About the salary paid  to farm workers and to ladies to assist you in the home, she also said it varies from one person to another. It all depends on the negotiation between you and them.
Have a nice evening.

Good morning and hope that you are well. Thanks to yourself and friend for the information. 
When we were living in the Gambia, I also kept some food items in the freezer for protection. I am gathering information as I move forward therefore interested in learning from others who are living the life daily.
I can accept that payment for help in the house is negotiable.
Have a great day.