Employment Pass Holder Consequences in SG in DMP Program

Hi All,

How is everyone, Hope everyone is safe & healthy!!!

I couldn't continue to payment from February 2020 due to unemployment & also I couldn't secure a job due to Pandemic. I am currently in India and exploring opportunities in Singapore so that I could continue my payments.

I just wanted to share my current situation. Presently I am in the interview process with few companies in Singapore and completed multiple rounds of discussion which are positive. I would be moving with the Final rounds of discussion & receiving offers in few days. I would be able to Travel to Singapore once I get the Employment Visa Approved & also Government has to open the Border for Travelling.

Meantime I would like to get clarified on few things in terms of immigration since I am not familiar with the consequences in my situation. I have searched in Google & few forums with similar kind of situation and consequences faced by People. Some posted that I couldn't be able to enter Singapore, Immigration & Police can arrest me to send me to Jail Since I am a Credit Card Defaulter, OR they could send me back to India where I never could enter Singapore even as a Visitor OR I wouldn't be able to get my Employment Pass Approved for employment in Singapore.

I don't want to get into an embarrassing situation after I reach Singapore with the above consequences. I am also not sure the above-mentioned articles are true to the government law & regulations.

I need some guidance to find the details for the above consequences.

Will I be able to find any information for the consequences by applying Police Clearance Certificate or Credit Bureau Certificate OR Any other ways?

I just want to make sure that If I could secure a Job Offer my present situation in Singapore shouldn't affect my Employment Visa & Immigration.

Looking forward to hearing advice & suggestion. Have a nice day ahead!!!

This depends entirely on the status of the credit card default and your relationship with the bank:
If they already lodged a court case (which you are pretty sure to lose), then you can probably forget about working in Singapore again.
If, however, you are still in negotiations with the bank or they agree to your plans (after all, you coming back to Singapore and earning again is their best chance of getting the money back), then this will not hinder job search, visa approval and immigration. But in that case you must stick to the agreement (which is likely to involve high monthly instalments) to the letter and not default again!
So my advice is to keep in good contact with the bank and work out a mutually agreeable compromise. And, of course: Never again spend more money than you have.

Thanks for the Valuable advice & feedback. Appreciated!!!