Hello to all. Moving to Luxembourg January 2022

Hello to all,

My name is Virna. My husband and I will be moving to your beautiful country in about 6 months.

We are from California in the United States and we are so excited to be moving to Luxembourg. We are in our late 40s/early 50s and cannot wait to meet new people with different backgrounds, cultures, etc.

We are in the process of looking for apartment rentals which has been quite challenging. We hope to move to Limpertsberg in Lux City and are looking for a 1 bedroom, minimum 55 m2 unit with laundry inside the unit, modern style, with a relatively new bathroom/kitchen.

Would anyone be able to comment on how much an apartment of this type will cost. The other option we have considered, if Lux City is too expensive, is moving to Mersch.

I'd appreciate any feedback, any advice that make this process easier since we understand finding rentals in Luxembourg is not easy.

Thanks so much!

Virna

Hey nice hearing from you
I can help you get with it.....I can help you guys secure an apartment here

Hi Oliviatallman,

Are you in real estate business? Are you Luxembourgish?

You can text me when you ready

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yeah sure that my private number.....you can text or call me anytime incase you wanna know more about moving to Luxembourg

Hello! One apartment like this is around 1400 euros..

It is easy to find this type of information online. I resided in California for 10 years. The apartment rental for 1 bedroom will vary between 1300 and 1800 depending on whether it is furnished or not and how far from the city center. Get ready for the high deposit and salary requirements.

@virnamarie123 Hello Virna, a good option is moving to Esch. Olivier Bauwens

@virnamarie123

Hey,

I would suggest that you move higher up (geographically) and here is why:

- the prices around luxembourg city are insanely expensive
- you get much more for that amount of money higher north.
- depening on where, you'll take less time to reach luxembourg city then actually living IN luxembourg city.

What do I mean by 'higher up North' ?

To give you an example, we have a house in Mersch , it takes me 10 minutes to get to Kirchberg, which is less time than from the train station of Luxembourg City to get to Kirchberg... even though both are in the same city :D

Our House costs 1.185.000€ and is currently on sale, point is that those prices are impossible in Luxembourg city, and even Rent costs more than just buying a house or appartment and paying mortgage.

Let me know if you need help with the immigration process or other, im a civil servant and work with those matters and might eb able to give you pointers.

JB