- books ?
- a laptop ?

I didn't find these informations here :
http://tariffcommission.gov.ph/transparency

Thank you.

Regards
Patrick

I havent found exact neither but
0 - 20 percent where l suppouse books in the low and laptop counted as "luxury" so in the high.
Plus 12 percent VAT.

PatrickLeclerc wrote:

Hello,

Can you tell me, please, the amount of Philippine customs tax on
- books ?
- a laptop ?

Thank you.

Regards
Patrick

Perhaps you could mention if you are importing or bringing in personal goods, pre loved for your own use and what type of visa you hold or intend to enter with. Suitcase or shipping container.
Coach is correct, a difficult and generally a mine field to navigate for the unwary when it comes to importations especially what could be construed as an unknown or unjustified depending on the entry visa or importation licence.
If you are simply bringing your personal items with you on an aeroplane then shouldn't be a problem.
If you are talking about importing for resale? A very different kettle of fish.

https://tinyurl.com/vxd79pe5

I would/could only suggest that you do a little more research as google will be your best friend and not necessarily an expat site until you work out the nitty gritty.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

In my opinion the customs person who deals with you (especially if you have something arrive here by mail) will wet his finger and hold it in the air and then see which way the wind is blowing, then he will pick a figure out of the air depending on how rich he thinks you are. and that is the rate you will pay.

A cynical point of view and one to date that I've not encountered even with a shipping container or deliveries from O/S. Perhaps you can share your experiences?

Cheers, Steve.

PatrickLeclerc wrote:

Hello,

Can you tell me, please, the amount of Philippine customs tax on
- books ?
- a laptop ?

Thank you.

Regards
Patrick

Patrick. . . .With regards to custom tax it depends on several things, are the books and laptop coming in via Balikbayan Box, carry in/on personally  or by shipment outside the Philippines?

Balikbayan Box: over the years from the states I've never had a Balikayan Box opened.
Carry In/on: They never looked at me twice with my carry on or personal baggage.
Shipment from outside the Philippines: No fees for 10,000 pesos or less for declared items.

An other big factor when NOT carry, specialy when its things taking up big storage space at the custom so they can charge very high storage fees, which add "incentives" for the custom to delay the process to get higher storage pay
BUT I dont know if its like that still after Duterte fired the Custom boss for corruption.

Perhaps worth investigating instead of speculating and reporting for members to see.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Dear friends,

Thank you very much.

Here is the context of my question : my goal is to find out about Philippine customs taxes on books and a single laptop that are purchased on the internet outside the Philippines, by a permanent resident of the Philippines, and that are not intended for resale.

As I am not a Filipino, the books and the laptop will not arrive in the Philippines via Balikbayan Box but thanks to another service : MyUS, Borderlinx, UPS, ...

Best regards

Patrick

PatrickLeclerc wrote:

will not arrive in the Philippines via Balikbayan Box but thanks to another service : MyUS, Borderlinx, UPS, ...Best regards Patrick

I think you should contact your shipper.

Now for my experience using US Global Mail. I had the option of using of choosing the actual shipper.

With US Global Mail you fill out a form on line which indicates what the shipment is and the value, my value was over 10,000 PHP.

This was supplied to FedEX who actually did the shipping. When FedEx made my delivery they collected the duty/taxes from me.

Why worry about it, just have the recipient pay the duty/taxes

Dear Bob

I send you my thanks.  :)

You are very kind and efficient.

I will take your advice.

I forgot to say that my goal is to calculate the cost of living in the Philippines, based on my needs and wants, so taking into account the cost of the products or services marketed in the Philippines and the cost of shipping to the Philippines and the amount of Philippines customs taxes relating to products that I will sometimes buy in the United States of America, Thailand, Malaysia, Europe.

Patrick

Here is the response from US Global Mail personal to the question "How do I know the amount of Philippines customs taxes I will pay on books and on a laptop sent to the Philippines?"

"You would need to reach out to the local customs in the Philippians for that information."

Patrick

Salut Patrick.
D'où vient la marchandise? Si elle vient de Chine contacte "https://www.chinashipping.ph/" Ils rassemblent les colis, remplissent un container et l'envoient aux PH. Ils s'occupent de tout.
Take care. Rudi.

Hello Rudi

I will buy products on the internet in Europe or USA or Malaysia or China.

Thank you.

Patrick

Philippines
- Books : 1 000 USD - Total Tax & Duty is USD 120.00
- Laptop :  1 500 USD - Total Tax & Duty is USD 180.00

Source

https://www.easyship.com/en-fr/duties-a … hilippines

PatrickLeclerc wrote:

Here is the response from US Global Mail personal to the question "How do I know the amount of Philippines customs taxes I will pay on books and on a laptop sent to the Philippines?"

"You would need to reach out to the local customs in the Philippians for that information."

Patrick

I think you would have received a different reply if you were an actual customer of US Global Mail.

I and several others on this forum use their address as our own and pay a monthly fee. When our mail or products we order is shipped to US Global Mail and when we actually arrange for shipment we fill the customs declaration on line (US Global mail.) The taxes and fees are collected by FedEx upon delivery and FedEx informs me what they are according to my original declaration.

So their response would be correct since you are not a customer and not shipping anything through them. They have a procedure for customers shipping through them which includes custom forms.

Thank you Bob.  :)

PatrickLeclerc wrote:

I will buy products on the internet in Europe or USA or Malaysia or China.

Malaysia is within Asia7, so no custom rom there,
but Phils VAT 12 percent  but NOT paying VAT in Malaysia when its exported from there )if they o correct).

If you order from Amazon, they will calculate the customs fees and if it is less than what they calculated, they will refund.

Thank you.

Hi Bob, may I ask how much you had to pay (duty/tax) for a P10,000.00 worth of stuff through FedEx? Planning to have a laptop  sent from Michigan via FedEx. Would like to know how much I have to prepare for that. Thank You 😊

Che Selorio wrote:

Hi Bob, may I ask how much you had to pay (duty/tax) for a P10,000.00 worth of stuff through FedEx? Planning to have a laptop  sent from Michigan via FedEx. Would like to know how much I have to prepare for that. Thank You 😊

Thats interesting to get to know ffor the custom  fee,
but theTRANSPORT cost ffor Fedex is high, around 100 usd just ffor a LETTER, so I only use if urgent.

The first time that I went over 10,000 php, I don't remember what FedEx charged me. (over two years ago)

But since the I'm careful to watch and never go over the 10,000 php. I never had to show receipts to the shipper or customs, I only supplied them the total number which I claimed.

I ship using my remailer US Global Mail, for a dozen letters less than $50. For bigger stuff I think $105 USD was the most.

You have to be a member of US Global Mail and they get a huge discount from FedEX.

Thank You Enzyte Bob and Coach 33. Will have to give the Laptop thing some thinking for before having it sent. 😊
Have a nice Day!