Moving to Greece from Canada

Hello all expats ,
We are planning to move to Greece in early part of 2022 from Canada . We have considered chania as our destination; at first we would rent a home for a few months and if all goes well we would consider a purchase . I say we that would be my other half and myself , I am canadian and she a Greek Canadian.
We would like to find some work in hospitality , and even construction management as that is my profession.

Any advise on what to look for from your past experiences . Job opportunities? Maybe a business?

Thanks much in advance

Maurice

Good morning,

My opinion is that the economy is doing better and jobs are opening. Many construction friends I have are working full time for more than a year.

Crete is a self sufficient place with much development so I would guess you will settle well, just be patient because these things take much time.

I wish both of you all the best. Write to us if you want us to inquire about some things.

Leon

Would you first need to gain permission to live here as you are non EU and your other half is of Greek descent.Greek descent requires much application and time by way of proof etc.. before one can reside here on a long term basis and Im thinking that a legal spouse could apply for residency after permission is granted to the applicant whom has rights to be here.But perhaps you are very organised and all the legality of residency has already been sorted by yourselves.