Building in Greece

New - Urban planning currently does not issue any building permit on a plot of land outside the city plan, even if it has an area of more than 4 acres!  until the issue that has arisen regarding the frontage of the parcels to a road is resolved (frontage to an officially recognized road or a municipal or provincial or national road is required by law). Until now, frontage was accepted even on unrecognized roads, but an issue arose and now the issuance of permits has been suspended until the resolution is resolved.

@geraniumgift

Hello

Is this new? Where can I find this on a greek government site?

Thankyoi

@geraniumgift  Can you list the current types of spatial plans in Greece so I can learn them, and can you say which are affected by this new legislation?  There is residential spatial planning permits and touristic plan permits- right?  With a residential permit there is only inside the municipal boundary and outside the municipal boundary- right?  And with touristic permit, there is "special urban plan," "integrated tourist resort,"  "condo hotel," and "hotel"- right?   This new legislation only applies to residential permits outside the municipal boundary- right? 

I can find no official site in Greece that mentions the ban on building permits. Could this be a local particular island policy?

Thankyou

@paregerou

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply.

In answer to your question:  This new legislation only applies to residential permits outside the municipal boundary- right? 

Yes, so far I know it is correct. I am not familiar with other sector.

Here is an answer which I received today from my lawyer, word for ward -

".......As far as the plot of land you are interested in buying is concerned, there is still no change, it is rumored that at the end of the year there will be an official update.However, some plots that originally had street frontage as required by law, are considered buildable regardless of this decision. So the plot of land you are interested in must be checked by your engineer if it strictly meets the requirements of the law, so it can be buildable.

Kind Regards

Iro.

i think you sent this to the wrong email