How to be happy as an expat in Kuwait

Hi everyone,

Being happy is surely our common goal, whether we are living in Kuwait as an expat or somewhere else.
We would love to know your tips and tricks to be fully fulfilled and happy as an expat in your host country.

New environment may require new habits. Which habits did you have to implement to live a good life in Kuwait?

How do you keep stress in check? Which activities or mantras help you in that regard?

How to form meaningful connections and create a support system in Kuwait on which you can rely on?

How to track your goals and achieve them without feeling overwhelmed?

What did you learn from Kuwaitis about the notion of happiness and how does it inspire you?

Thanks for your contribution!

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

Hi Dear Cheryl and all,

Actually ways of connections became limited due to the expansion of pandamic. Restaurants and coffee shops are not allowed to recieve gatherings.

For me, I bought RV, caravan, so I can go anywhere and invite my friends as we used to be before. Last night, we sit near to the Doha chalets with a some tea and coffee, sweets as well.

Last week, I spent two nights in Khairan in my caravan near to the beach. So I'm struggling the pandamic.

I hope all expats and Kuwaitis have nice times.

It's easier said than done. All my wester expat friends re leaving this summer and it's quite a number. The number 1 reason is the constant bad energy they have been getting, as well as the travel back to Kuwait ban. I believe it is the time we all packed our bags and set off to a new adventure.

Majority expat are Asian and African expatriates and a lot of them are happy here , of course some are not happy too.

You will be happy if you only looking for quality in life such quality faith , morals , ethics ..etc but if you looking for material and money , you will always feel that something is missing and you will keep working hard but you will never be happy.

Moo wrote:

Majority expat are Asian and African expatriates and a lot of them are happy here , of course some are not happy too.

You will be happy if you only looking for quality in life such quality faith , morals , ethics ..etc but if you looking for material and money , you will always feel that something is missing and you will keep working hard but you will never be happy.

True, Well said