Help: recommendation for stores & daycare San Juan)

Hi guys :) we are 2 professionals with a 11 month old baby baby and wondering what are the good stores to get furniture, electrical appliances like refrigerator, fans etc, and baby clothes and baby gears etc? And also wondering about good day care places for baby, preferably Montessori/Waldorf/Reggio Emilia style…?  Thank you so much!!

Diana

Hi DianaX,
Welcome to Expat and Puerto Rico. Please don't take it the wrong way but all of us here are professionals.

Hahah definitely not the wrong way I just meant to convey that we are two working parent as opposed to retired folks or I guess very rich folks who doesn't have to work. That's what I meant.

And as such we would very much appreciate any tips on where to shop as well as what other parents do fro day care for kids in the 1-2 age range please :)

We have most of the same major stores here as US. Sears & K-Mart are almost all gone but there Ashley Furniture, Rooms to Go, Wal-Mart, Macy's, JC Penny, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Home Depot and lots more specialty stores & Drug Stores such as CVS & Walgreens. We even have Sam's Club & Costco. Keep in mind most major items must be in stock and can't be ordered for delivery as the freight can be costly. Amazon takes longer to arrive than what you are accustomed to as well. There several major malls such as Plaza Las America's (San Juan) Mall of San Juan (except Nordstrom's & Saks have vacated), Puerto Rico Premium Outlets (Barcelonetta), big malls in Ponce & Mayaguez, other outlet malls in Canovanas, Monteheidra.