American Expat's Where You At??

Names Travis.. From Honolulu, Hawaii..

Hey Travis!

Welcome on board ;)

Armand

Aloha

Welcome Travis, fellow American ex-pat!

Thanks nomad12.. Where are you from?

I'm a Texas native. Most recently from Tennessess.  But have lived in Florida and Georgia as well.

What up HomeBoy!

Nomad12- whatcha doing in kuwait?

Marquis- wassup mane!! i'll be seeing you later..

Hey Baldmestizo,

I'm working for a large engineering firm, doing I.T. work. Taking advantage of the generous tax-free foreign income exclusion while it's still available.  I've got an indefinite work contract so I'll be here until I can build up my retirement fund and take early retirement.  Can't count on the U.S. social security system to still be solvent, given the current state of the economy.

Planning on taking advantage of being located in this to see more of this part of the world.  Diving my around the world in the process.

How about you?

Man I here that you can build your own retirement right here.. I give the U.S. maybe 7 to 10 years before she be up to her full strength again. So here I will be until then..

Nomad- im the same way.. I'll be here for awhile taking advantage of the great money i get and the easy living.. i really don't need nothing in the USA right now.. lol.. plus like you said, i can travel anywhere around the world so its a nice gig..

not American, but am a Western expat so thought I'd say hi anyway.  Hope you're enjoying Kuwait and aren't finding the summer heat to horrible! lol

hi!
Im from Chicago!

hi american grils and boys
am from kuwait i can hlep them any in kuwait i would to improve my english and ican learnning u arbic.

Hi I am From Texas kickin it in Good Old Kuwait! Haha.. Whats up! :)

AmericanArabGirl- how long have you been in Kuwait?
Stephm- how long have you been in kuwait?

Hi, to both of you ladies..

Civil- I'm sure if you make another post, you'll find a lot of American's looking to learn Arabic and in exchange, they'll teach you English..

Get along with the heat,by the way i love it here the way it is,either dusty hot or cold or whatever

I love the heat too! I can't stand cold weather, hence me being from Hawaii...

hey guyss i been here for a year... still not used to heat.. lol
when are you guys gonna visit the states?

I'm heading back to the states around christmas/new years for a few weeks.  Combining a vacation and some work.

Arabgirl- i'll be heading to london in october then vegas towards the end of october to have a little fun.. how about yourself??

Will be there on August 23, ready to start a two-year contract with a school.  There will be a whole bunch of us coming, too.  Nice to meet all of you.

I'm from Palatine/Jacksonville, Illinois.

anaguma, welcome!

baldmestizo: nice.. u will have so much fun
im prob heading to states end of this years as well... for sure im going to vegas..lol

americanarabgirl- yes, when i leave in oct, ill let you know how much fun ill have.. lol..

Heyyyy Americans.....I'm American too...from Connecticut....currently IN Connecticut (get jealous it's 75F and sunny) buttttt will probably need to head back to Kuwait soon :( blahhhh

way to rub it in miss...jk enjoy your time in the states

missdesigner- when are you coming back to kuwait?

Hehehe yeaaaa it's perfect here....not too sure when I'll be back yet but probably in the next month or so :p

baldmestizo-.. im not suree when im goingg there yet...
But for sure i will ben in states like in november..
what do you guys do here for fun?...
right now im not working.. hopefully I will find somthing soon
:)

I do the usually which isn't that fun for a lot of people.. I only get 1 day of a week and i work 12 hour days. I get home and i usually hit the gym after work then stay home.. days off i like to see Kuwait and hit the malls which get boring after you've seen them a million of times.. :(

My name is Q. I am looking to explore Kuwait and have some sporting fun.... Who's down? Anyone into Basketball, American Football, or any other physical sports? Hit me up at [email protected].... Thanks!

Holla!!!

Q

Hello Q,
very nice name and easy,
I usually have my sports as walking and jogging in the Track Walk in Salwa (Anjafh Beach), also swimming in Rass Al-Ard club (do you know it?)

if it was nice for you, you will be highly welcome to do it together in addition to visiting other places in Kuwait together in nice group.

but you are more black than me :(,  so you will attract all girls :lol:

Do not worry, you are welcome ... to join :D

this is my e mail also [email protected]

Good luck

Hello Amercia... names Simon, Just moved here a couple a days ago from boston. I'm staying at a hotel in Hawalli any suggestions on a place to rent, gyms?

Hi Amerleb, welcome to Kuwait
there are many places for rent of course but how many rooms you are looking for and you will live alone or with your family? generally try to get Al-Waseet and 808080 (Tabloid newspapers ad) you will find many places.

I know it is so hard for newer but no way, I can advise you to rent small flat 1 single room in those furnished for few days until to find nice flat, these furnished flats will be cheaper that hotel of cours

good luck

Thanks Romeoo, the company is paying for the hotel until I find a place. I'll be living alone, so a one bedroom would be fine. Thanks again for the heads up on where to look.

one bedroom will be available in Al-Shaab, Al-Salmiya and Hawally, do not worry it will be so easy because you are looking for one single room no more.

good luck

Tallahassee, Florida in the house! Go 'Noles!

Halla all!!
I'm nt American bt wudnt mind havin american frnds. Wl b in kuwait nextmonth.

Travis what's up grl!!