How to make friends in Kuwait

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Kuwait :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Kuwait??

Thanks in advance for your participation

i think.. get to facebook, orkut.. fnd like minded people and start meeting them.. thr is no other way !

Where is your shop, maybe we can meet?

hmm...i've been trying to figure out ways to meet and make friends in kuwait, apart from my colleagues...its one of the toughest things here in kuwait - making friends!...all the best to you though ;)

Meet other western expats and have a great time at a desert camp.

- fresh air
- good friends
- good fun
- great food

Come and bring your friends! 5KD p/person includes a fantastic barbecue, free fun, free pictures on CD of the event and much more! Don't miss it!

intrested??send me your name and contact and i will call you back

i wish to get good friends to discuss & debate please call my number 67030399

i could help u pplz over kuwait
like to make friends

Guys, shouldn't you present yourself before giving your email address or phone number?

hello, my name is Jose, i can say that is very easy make friends here, im here from may 2009 and i have a lot of nice friends, maybe for me is a little more dificult cuz i can not talk arabic yet, but that is not a problem to can meet people here. i live in jahra and maybe here is more dificult than in the city.
regards for all the people in kuwait.

Hey everybody :)
here's a great way to make new arab friends from kuwait and other!
[moderated: no free ads]

Trust me its not that easy making friends here, Dubai its a different story.
Its not that pleasant here.

Hello, well maybe I was lucky. When I first moved here, my collegues took me out and I thought it was not as bad as I expected. Then I had some really good time here. It's all about making friends true, but you also must be open to meet new people. I recently joined this forum and find it pretty useful. Hope it helps to new comers.

True,the chances for mingling with new people are very less here.I am also a newcomer  here.Had few class metes here.But couldnt develop to further friends circle,one,due to the double shift duty,which ends up the whole day in office and two,no place to roam around due to climate and living conditions.....Anyways waiting for the best to come.....
Regards

Do people really have alot of time to socialize here? When I was working as a contractor I worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week and slept on my day off. Most people get together with other employees of their company, it's easier. Anyone who is interested in learning about Kuwait can go to the AWARE center in Surra. They have get togethers and discussions as well as Arabic classes and touristic trips for people. There is a link to their website on my blog page.

A question for the website admin, I see that Q8man and zezeloeusid have the word banned under their nick, should we be concerned about them?

kamikaze your in Jahra? What are you doing out there? I've been there and it's not the greatest place in Kuwait.

I've always been an awkward person, so I find it hard to make friends regardless of where I am - call me socially deprived. Being in Kuwait then, makes it almost impossible to make friends. It sucks. I have no social life. But that's what TV is for, eh.

Jeeds wrote:

I've always been an awkward person, so I find it hard to make friends regardless of where I am - call me socially deprived. Being in Kuwait then, makes it almost impossible to make friends. It sucks. I have no social life. But that's what TV is for, eh.

Tell me about it! Whenever I smile at someone, one of the following occurs:

1. They think I am sexually interest in them, and thus storm off, make a face, say something rude, etc...

2. They think I want to kidnap them, which could be covered under the first point.

If this thread is still alive, I'd like some input on how to meet people. I've been here for a week, and it is becoming quite boring at this point.

Faze wrote:
Jeeds wrote:

Tell me about it! Whenever I smile at someone, one you the following occurs:

1. They think I am sexually interest in them, and thus storm off, make a face, say something rude, etc...

2. They think I want to kidnap them, which could be covered under the first point.

If this thread is still alive, I'd like some input on how to meet people. I've been here for a week, and it is becoming quite boring at this point.

LMAO that is very accurate way to put it :))

Hey
it will be great if all can give a brief introduction about them selves or so..

i have been in Kuwait for few months now feeling so damn lonely looking for friends from all over all ages all genders and nationalities are welcome..

i am just wondersing what is teh best way to get friends n Kuwait..i know for sure ppl wanna make friends but wt's the way toi communicate here :-)

[email protected]

AWS  AN ILOILO  ATS  GOOD  PLES

Hi ppl,
i am from kuwait but Iran nationality and its True that its hard to find Good Friends here so this is what i learned,
i will give you one way to make friends in kuwait:
Find an activity that you like, such as all kind of balls games, Martial art clubs,join some inistitute to learn makeup and girls stuffs (for girls ) and keep going to the place you do ur activity over and over...and you will make friends.
activites what makes friends and keep the relationship live longer.
otherwise...its hard to make friends just like that in kuwait.
Ahmad,
btw i am interresting in pinoy :)

Hello and Salam Everyone....first of all i am new here at Expat.com.that is very easy make friends here in kuwait.i like to make friends

Hello to all new members and welcome on Expat.com!
Why don't you guys organize a get together which would enable all of you to get acquainted?
Cheers
Arlette

Holdcardsdown, you should maybe insert an ad in Kuwait's classifieds -> Man seeking woman?
Not in the forum. Thanks

this discussion is clearly getting off topic. Do you mind if I delete a couple of messages ?

Making friends indeed is a tough task in Kuwait.  But it is not that hard if you really put yourself around others.  I've been in Kuwait for 6 weeks and I found starting with my neighbours was quite efficient.  We invited people to come to our home for dinner.  Then the neighbours took us to their friends' party or gatherings.  Soon we invited the new friends over for board games or something…soon we have about 10 family friends.  I think 1) hospitality; 2) generosity; and 3) honesty will bring friendship to others and yourselves.  Kuwait is the best place to test and improve your friends making skills.  Good luck, my virtue friends.

I see...

:)
add me

holdcardsdown wrote:

Are you mocking me or is that all you have to say? ;)

No I was not mocking you.  I just realized that maybe it is easier to make friends for couples.

think it would be easier if we have activities to meet and do . like bowling , paint bowling etc come on guys give some ideas than invole groups of people meeting up

sue_phil wrote:

hmm...i've been trying to figure out ways to meet and make friends in kuwait, apart from my colleagues...its one of the toughest things here in kuwait - making friends!...all the best to you though ;)

no i dont think so

Freaky faisal wrote:
sue_phil wrote:

no i dont think so

@ Freaky,

why not man?!?!?!

Makin friendz is somethin easy, but it depends on people like'' what's the shape of this relation will look like….''

Natural people makin friendz but Freaky one never   :dumbom:

Ciao...

the best way is in real life finding person the advantage u can understand him better than cyberworld. he act so natural and real other than behind the scene.

abbas30 wrote:

the best way is in real life finding person the advantage u can understand him better than cyberworld. he act so natural and real other than behind the scene.

u r 2 the point bro...
God bless ya...

Ciao..

Have you ever wondered what the real essence of the saying "A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed" is? People talk about the true value of friendship actually without knowing what it stands for. True friendship is the one, in which the individuals do not have to maintain formalities with each other. Sharing true friendship is the situation, when the person you are talking about is counted as one among your family members, when the relation you share with him/her reaches a stage that even if you don't correspond for sometime, your friendship remains unscathed. Best friends need not meet up often to make sure that the friendship remains constant.

The trust between best friends is such that if one friend falls in trouble, the other will not think twice to help. If the bond between two friends is strong, true friends can endure even long distances. For them, geographical separation is just a part of life. It would not affect their friendship. They make it a point to stay in touch, even in the verge of being exhausted due to the drudgery of everyday life. True friendship never fades away. In fact, it grows better with time. True friendship thrives on trust, inspiration and comfort. Best friends come to know, when the other person is in trouble, merely by listening to their "Hello" over the phone. They can even understand each other's silence.

True friends don't desert each other when one is facing trouble. They would face it together and support each other, even if it is against the interests of the other person. Best friends don't analyze each other; they don't have to do so. They accept each other with their positive and negative qualities. Nothing is hidden between true friends. They know each other's strengths as well as weaknesses. One would not overpower the other. They would respect each other's individuality. In fact, they would understand the similarities and respect the differences. Best friends don't stand any outsider commenting or criticizing their friendship and they can put up a very firm resistance, if anyone does so.

True friends are not opportunists. They don't help, because they have something to gain out of it. True friendship is marked by selflessness. Best friends support even each other, even if the whole world opposes them. It is not easy getting true friends for the lifetime. If you have even one true friend, consider yourself blessed. Remember, all best friends are friends, but not all friends can be best friends. In this world of cynics and back stabbers, there are still some people who are worth being friends with. They have to be recognized and respected for being best friends, for the lifetime.

by yours

best regard

basha kmb

it all depends on the manner in which you want to make friends

forget the random bumping into a stranger at the mall and hitting it off, that just wont work here.

but, lets say you go to activities, say dance, football, diving, cycling etc etc etc. the possibilities are endless, and you just have to keep your ear to the ground to hear about them

so you go on a social, and meet like-minded people, what you do then is up to you. you could be in a room full of strangers and just sit ina  corner quietly sipping your tea, or you could actively engage everyone to get to know them better.

you cant however, be @ a coffee shop, see a cute girl sipping her latte, and walk up and say, hey, i noticed you are drinking coffee, me too, wanna go out sometime?

interact, give people chances, have fun.

props to Julien for the painstaking effort of going thru all posts on all forums to ensure non off-topic convo appears, you are definately not a bot mon freund ;)

HI My name Ahmad,Iam Psychologist, and I hope to complete my education in psychiatry ,iam looking for Friendship and I am ready to teach Arabic to anyone at any time ,just smiled life will be Very Easy :) To connect # My Emaile# Dr.ahmad.Vip.cn

I can speak Arabic, English

hi every1

people ur in the worng place for fun and friendship, so to speak. nothing exciting ever really happens out here. this is a place where you will spend the rest of your life chomping on shawermas and sucking on a shisha, period. i've been here five years and they have truly been 'the wasted years' of my life. the most exciting it has gotten here is a meetup where a bunch of five people sit down at a coffe shop, go bowling, meet up at a friends place...well, thats about it. sometimes members discuss about meetups for weeks and when the day arrives, it gets cancelled!
according to me, only saudi arabia and afghanistan are less exciting than here and i'm sooooooooooooo glad i'm leaving for good soon
sorry for pissing on your parade mate, but even if you do get to indulge in a 'vice', you'll be doing it with fear, unlike in dubai or bahrain. this place just ain't happening one bit - not culturally, intellectually, creatively, visually, recreationally, spiritually ...u name it.

well my frndz..... i m in kwt since last 6 yrs though living a very reserve kinda life not much frnds arround... plz let me know where can i find the ppl to hang arround wid....

u cant just sit on your behind and expect to make friends, sorry.

strive, and u shall receive. do something, and something that involves actually moving out of your house and participating in activities, read up on what is going on in kuwait, thru blogs or forums or even the newspapers, go to gatherings of like-minded people, forget facebook, forget meeting the girl or guy of ur dreams online. online we can all be 6-foot movie stars.

there was an event last month, the 10k marathon, i went there, alone, made new friends, met some old ones.

u gotta be willing to take risks, step out of ur comfort zone, if ur looking for people who enjoy, lets say reading, chances are u wont find em, but if u look for peeps that like jogging, martial arts, dance etc. u'll find plenty!

the only problem is the art of conversation has been lost on people, coz when a guy talks to a girl for the first time, lets face it, they're only thinking of one thing.