KITAS Query by resident

Morning everyone, question.

I am married with children to an Indonesian wife with a divorce pending but not yet registered in court for the dissolution of the marriage. As I tactic she wishes to withdraw her sponsorship of the KITAS and have me deported. My question here is what is my legal standing  should she withdraw her sponsorship as spouse, am I liable to exit the country within 7 days of notification. FYI no laws have been broken or breached. Any information would be helpful. Just looking to access all information from a multitude of sources. I was certainly of the opinion after the divorce she would be within her rights to withdraw. What about before the seperation process begins?  Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave,
if your marriage lasts less than 10 years, you will need to submit a new sponsor to the Immigration Office within 60 days to maintain your Spouse Visa until it expire, then u can convert to another kind of Visa.

If your marriage last longer than 10 years and you possess a KITAP, a divorce will no longer have any influence on your permanent residency.

Hi Marcello. Can you point out for me where that is written in the immigration rules? I will be grateful to you.

Maybe u can google it or ask to a lawyer that u need for sure to assist u with the court or directly to an imigrasi office.

Hi

If you are married for two years or more, you can apply for the kitap. That said, your wife would still have to be the sponsor for the KITAP. After ten years marriage you will have a lifetime KITAP no need for sponsorship.

She also can withdraw her sponsorship anytime, no need to wait for the divorce.

The options you have now, in a this short time are limited.

You can try to find an employer who takes over your KITAS from your wife. You start your own registered company in Indonesia and sponsor your self. Or, you are 55 years old and get a pension that can support your life in Indonesia. This are the options to get/ maintain a KITAS.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask me.

Oliver Zuger wrote:

Hi

If you are married for two years or more, you can apply for the kitap. That said, your wife would still have to be the sponsor for the KITAP. After ten years marriage you will have a lifetime KITAP no need for sponsorship.

She also can withdraw her sponsorship anytime, no need to wait for the divorce.

The options you have now, in a this short time are limited.

You can try to find an employer who takes over your KITAS from your wife. You start your own registered company in Indonesia and sponsor your self. Or, you are 55 years old and get a pension that can support your life in Indonesia. This are the options to get/ maintain a KITAS.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask me.

Kitas Is not transferable from One sponsor to another, if less than 10 years must find a new sponsor till the expiration date and then apply for a different kind of Visa.

Yes, that is correct. You will have to apply anyway for a new KITAS. Thanks for the clarification

Start a registered company and sponsor myself. I like this. I like this a lot. I'm too young 🙂 for retirement as I work in West Afrika. Nice one, many thanks for the option sir.

Ant time and success

Supadave wrote:

Start a registered company and sponsor myself. I like this. I like this a lot. I'm too young 🙂 for retirement as I work in West Afrika. Nice one, many thanks for the option sir.

Just be aware that to set up a company (PMA) fully owned by foreigner Is required a minimum investiment of 10 billion Rp, 2.5 paid up capital and 7.5 within 1 year, not including building and cost to apply for.

KITAS

Sorry about your situation, sucks.  A couple of questions 1st, then I can give you a reliable and best opinion/options.  I am a US Lawyer, retired, living in Indonesia, I am well versed in Indonesian immigration law.  1, How long have you been married.  2, How old are you.  3, How long have you been in Indonesia.  4. How old is the child, and do you have others with her.  5. Do you own property, if so, do you have a pre/postnup in place.  6.  Where are you located? 7. Are any of your monetary accounts commingled/joint.  8. Any ownership in vehicles.  9. Please clarify, KITAS/KITAP.  10, Are you married KUA or/Religious, HS.  11,  CONTACT AN INDONESIAN IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY.  RECORD ALL CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR WIFE FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, a nice feature of HP, tell her your recording, just as a safeguard, I don't know this legal question about if prior notification is required in Indonesia, she does not have to consent, she only should/must be informed prior.

BEST

A Bule in Indonesia

Hello,
as soon as you divorce,  your spouse sponsor will disappear, even you never breached the law.
If you still want to meet your kids frequently,  you have to find another kind of sponsor.
For example,  a working sponsor. Try your best to find another sponsor as long as you are still in Indonesia.
You can also request your ex wife to be your personal sponsor. She just have to show a 1500 USDollars bank account and a legal address in Indo.
Keep strong and good luck.