Investor KITAS 2 years

Hi, I registered recently, I'm from the EU. I read some old threads regarding citizenship and KITAS. Fred's and others' threads were helpful.

I'm researching the viability of pursuing Indonesian citizenship for a religious reason namely moving to a Muslim-majority country as almost every Muslim country is extremely difficult to get citizenship. I am bringing my family. I have a non-Asian wife, so no connection to Indonesia. I want the right information and ready to make the right moves if we'd find Indonesia to be good for us, but if citizenship is unrealistic, it'll just lure us back to Europe at some point.

Visas agencies recommend me getting the investor visa, because apparently there's no requirement to invest as they "sort it out" for me and I can stay for 2 years, I can only work remotely for companies that are based abroad. Some agencies say I can work locally for my own company. It's confusing.

The price is 25 juta for me lasting 2 years, and 11 juta for per dependent lasting 1 year. Does this sound reasonable?

Do I have to renew the KITAS once or twice until I can apply for KITAP? And is 40 juta for KITAP for me, reasonable?

Have you heard of any foreigner getting Indonesian citizenship without investing big or marrying?

Visas agencies recommend me getting the investor visa, because apparently there's no requirement to invest as they "sort it out" for me and I can stay for 2 years, I can only work remotely for companies that are based abroad. Some agencies say I can work locally for my own company. It's confusing.

The price is 25 juta for me lasting 2 years, and 11 juta for per dependent lasting 1 year. Does this sound reasonable?

Do I have to renew the KITAS once or twice until I can apply for KITAP? And is 40 juta for KITAP for me, reasonable?

Have you heard of any foreigner getting Indonesian citizenship without investing big or marrying?

-@aar88

Watch out for dodgy agencies. The first step to citizenship is a report from immigration. They will check your immigration record out. If they see dodgy visas, you're dead in the water.

It is possible to get citizenship without a local wife, but there are more hoops to jump though unless there is special reason to let you in. That's usually something that will befit Indonesian sports or something of that sort.

Normally, the process starts after a minimum of five years continuous stay.

@Fred

Thanks man.

I totally missed the response, I must tweak my notification settings.

Do you have a list of recommended agencies? You could PM them to me.

Also, have you heard of any "normal" person who became an Indonesian citizen with out marrying a local or doing exceptional service or investment to the country?

@Fred
Thanks man.

I totally missed the response, I must tweak my notification settings.

Do you have a list of recommended agencies? You could PM them to me.

Also, have you heard of any "normal" person who became an Indonesian citizen with out marrying a local or doing exceptional service or investment to the country?

-@aar88

I have never used an agent so I have no clue.

I gather some do (there was at least one in my batch) but I understand they have more hoops to jump through.

@Fred

Ah alright, yeah I got it that those who married a local can use the spouse as a sponsor instead of an agency.