Affordable hidden gems at the beach

Hello,

I am taking an early retirement to move to Brazil. I currently live in the US but also have Brazilian nationality.

I understand that this is a vague question given the vastness of the coastline but as I am planning a 3 month journey to check out some spots along the coast, I wanted to get some recommendations from folks on cool towns.

What I would ideally like is to be on or close enough to the beach to walk and have a laid back atmosphere with some good cafes, friendly people.

Perhaps most importantly for me are relaxed building regulations as my plan is to build or renovate and existing building (my background is in construction management). But I can imagine a world where it is a maze of inefficient bureaucracy in which case maybe I will just rent :)

From what I understand in rural areas there is very little in the way of regulation or building permits but in more populated areas that is different.

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences they can share in regards to permits and building?

So far the places on list are:

-Barra Grande, BA
-Itacare, BA
-Ilheus, BA
-Arraial D'Ajuda / Trancoso
-Guarapari, ES

That is basically the NE cities that I plan to check out.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sorry I don't have anything specific to share about this. All I can think is that there are lots of people who buy apartments by the beach, because they don't want the hassle of security and maintenance, and perhaps also the process of getting a permit to build is a nightmare and requires you to know people and pay bribes. I've seen a few abandoned properties near the beach, presumably because the builders/owners were forbidden from completing them, I wouldn't take a chance.