Buying a cheap house or cheap land in Brazil

hi, I understand many things about brazil, tell me about buying a cheap house or cheap land which can be around 10 000 to 20 000 Brazilian money, can you get such houses or land to build, if not how much a cheap house can it cost?

people.partysa wrote:

hi, I understand many things about brazil, tell me about buying a cheap house or cheap land which can be around 10 000 to 20 000 Brazilian money, can you get such houses or land to build, if not how much a cheap house can it cost?

If you add another zero on the end of those numbers that would be what you'd be looking at paying for a really super cheap house in a small city in the interior, well removed from a state capital.

R$10 - 20,000 might buy you a wooden shack in one of São Paulo's favelas (slums).

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Where I live in the state of Rio, County of Sao Fransico de Itabapoana, and city of Santa Clara you can buy lots for $14000 R.  A small beach house could be about $20,000 R.  The house would be built with your help.

Where I live in the state of Rio Da Janiero, County of Sao Fransico de Itabapoana, and city of Santa Clara you can buy lots for $14000 R.  A small beach house could be about $20,000 R.  The house would be built with your help.