Certificate of employment - apostille/translation or not?

Hello,

After I finish job in my country, I get certificate of employment confirming my working years in specific position.

For most of documents from my country to be valid in Brazil I need to have apostille confirming that these documents are legal/valid,

Do you know how it is in case of certificate of employment please?

Do I need to have apostille on it? Because it's hard to get for this document. It is not possible to get it directly, but with a few steps process.

Do you think translation to portuguese is necessary if Certificate of employment will be in english?
I think mainly I will be applying to international companies, but it's chance for these small ones as well.

I would be really grateful for answer if someone is familiarized in this case.

In my country, working years give more or less days of vacation depending how many of these years you have. Is it like this in Brazil as well?

Cheers

Mravy,

04/28/21

Are you planning on applying for permanent residency in Brazil?  On what basis?  As we've discussed in other threads, there are only limited bases on which a foreigner will be authorized to remain in Brazil beyond the period of a tourist visa.

Unless you expect to apply successfully for permanent residency AND the certificate of employment represents a professional credential that is recognized in Brazil, there's probably no need to get it apostilled or translated.  If for some reason you need a Sworn Translation later, you can get it done here.  If it's only for private use with international companies, then English will probably be sufficient.

From your description, it sounds like the certificate of employment may have some social security significance in Poland.  If Poland has a social security treaty with Brazil, then it may have some official value here.  Otherwise, no.

I will apply for permanent residency based on "Autorização de Residência por Reunião Familiar" after getting marriage with brazilian national during period of a tourist visa. It is the most likely that I will be applying mainly to international companies and my certificate of employment will be in Polish/English. And as you said I could translate to Portuguese being there in Brazil already. So I think my question mainly is about apostille. If the certificate of employment will be valid without apostille in Brazil.

And overall is it important to have such a certificate in Brazil or it is not? Do employers ask for it during process of recruitment? Is it necessary to prove previous working experience?

I just would like to be sure that it will be easier for me to get job there based on my previous vacancy which would be taken into consideration.

Thank you so much for your time and for help abthree. I am really grateful.

Mravy
04/28/21

Apostilles are only required on documents that are presented to official offices like the Federal Police or cartórios.  They shouldn't be required by private employers.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.   It's a good idea to have apostilled duplicate originals of any document that is required for both your permanent residency application and your marriage application.   These are processed by two different agencies (Federal Police for residency and cartório [registry office] for marriage), and they do not share documents.   Even if you're planning a religious marriage ("Religious Marriage with Civil Effect" in Brazil), the cartório requirements are the same.

abthree thank you for congratulations and thank you for your help.
You made it clear for me now. I am grateful for this information. It will be really useful for me.

04/28/21

We're here to help.  Good luck!  :top: