I need Help!

Dear Friends,

I will be moving to Sao Paulo. I am a Muslim Syrian lady living in Turkey and I need to find a job and good people to help me in the start. I have high degrees in Masters of Staff development and research in Higher Education. I speak Arabic, English, French, and Turkish very Fluently. I will be getting Visa from the Brazilian consulate to come to Brazil. I really need help and support at the beginning...I need a job. Could anyone of you help me with that and thank you!

Waiting your answer, I send to you all of my devout wishes

Fleurissa

Hello Fleurissa,

What kind of visa have you applied for? You do know that a VITUR Tourist Visa does not permit you to work while you're in Brazil. You must already have a confirmed work contract to apply for a VITEM-V Work Visa, or must be married to a Brazilian or foreign national with Permanent Resident Status in order to apply for a VIPER Permanent Visa which would give you the right to work when you apply for the visa.

While you can come to Brazil on a Tourist Visa and look for work you'd probably find it more difficult to apply for transformation of visa category here in Brazil.

Also it is essential that you speak Portuguese reasonably well in order to get a job here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Dear Sir,

I am Syrian and your government has opened its gates to the Syrian people knowing the state of war that we are living in. I will have the visa to live permanently in Brazil and I just need the ticket of the airplane which is seriously expensive knowing the huge distance that we are separate from Brazil. Now the problem is that I cannot afford living in your country without working. I need someone to help me to find a work. I am a writer and professor at the university. I am also doing my PhD in Turkey in psychology and religion. I can teach English, Arabic, French, and Turkish. Unfortunately, I cannot speak Portuguese but since I will be coming to Brazil I will certainly learn the language. I only need a work, a secure place to stay peacefully, and that's it. Thanks for your answer!

Fleurissa wrote:

Dear Sir,

I am Syrian and your government has opened its gates to the Syrian people knowing the state of war that we are living in. I will have the visa to live permanently in Brazil and I just need the ticket of the airplane which is seriously expensive knowing the huge distance that we are separate from Brazil. Now the problem is that I cannot afford living in your country without working. I need someone to help me to find a work. I am a writer and professor at the university. I am also doing my PhD in Turkey in psychology and religion. I can teach English, Arabic, French, and Turkish. Unfortunately, I cannot speak Portuguese but since I will be coming to Brazil I will certainly learn the language. I only need a work, a secure place to stay peacefully, and that's it. Thanks for your answer!

Is Canada not better for you?  :)

John,

How easy to get Canadian Visa for software techie?

Thanks

Try filling out the online forms at the official government website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada and see if you qualify for a visa.

www.cic.gc.ca/english

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

I will try to see English speaking countries, and I hope it will have an opportunity out there! English is like my mother tongue... I am not sure ....I hope they are opening their gates for us!

Fleurissa wrote:

I will try to see English speaking countries, and I hope it will have an opportunity out there! English is like my mother tongue... I am not sure ....I hope they are opening their gates for us!

What are you waiting for?  ;)

But moving from one oppressive country to another is hardly a reprieve. Soon there could be a civil war in Brazil. I certainly hope not. But this is one of the cases in which I probably would be in Brazilian jail for going postal.
[Moderated]

Finding a job will be next to impossible if you do not speak Portuguese. You may also get a lot of push back from employers and the Brazilian people. I was talking to some friends in Manaus (deep in the Amazon) last night and I guess people are beginning to call it "Little Haiti" due to all the Haitian refugees both legal and illegal. I witnesses this myself when I was at the Federal Police in December. It is out of control. And, apparently one of the states called it a "State of Emergency." [State of Acre] If the influx in refugees from Syria causes this you should prepare yourself for even more difficulty.

Matt-

Hi Fleurissa

1-) If you learn a LITTLE of Portuguese, you can easily find a job as a English Teacher. There is a high demand for Native English Teachers. My Mom was looking for an English teacher, and she thought that someone that did not speak fluent Portuguese would be an asset, not liability.

2-) Brazil has a large Syrian Colony(Mostly Christians), youŽll feel at home. YouŽll find sfiihas and Syrian bread anywhere. Your only problem is that Brazilians like physical contact, so, you may feel uncomfortable among non-Muslims.

3-) I speak English fluently, if you are going to São Paulo I can help you. IŽm a nice dude. Contact me, I can see what I can do for you. I can serve as your interpreter.

Brazilians are very tolerant to immigrants. And  even if criminality is a problem there is no risk of Civil War.

Hi all,

Please note that some posts have been removed for going a bit off topic.
I suggest members try to answer the OP's question without engaging into a "refugees debate" which is not the subject of the thread.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

caritas.org.br/rissa!
Do pay attention to this bla bla about civil war in Brazil,we were not born to make war.
Am a brazilian living in Amsterdam and know how hard it is to find the way in a new country.
Here is the link to Caritas,an organization that is helping syrian to setlle in Brazil: caritas.org.br/
You can choose in which language you want to contact them.
If you need more contacts i can help you to contact the syrian organizations in Brazil!
Portuguese wont be a problem to get a job as there are thousands of expats living there and learning the language step by step.
Success in your journey!
Egbert

I meant: Do NOT pay attention to this bla bla bla regarding a civil war in Brazil!

Hi,
As salam alaikum. Glad to know that you will be moving to Sao paulo Brazil.
Your question is not clear.
Are you staying in Turkey and Planning to come to sao paulo Brazil?.
or
Are you already in brazil sao paulo and need help with job.

Please clear this before we proceed with

Hi how are you?
I`m here in Rio de Janeiro, a Filipina.
If you wish I can introduced you to some of my filipino friends there in Sao Paulo.

hi iam fine and thank you. please provide me contact of philipina friends in Sao paulo.

regards

Hi.  I am going to Rio, too, first week of October.  I would appreciate suggestions on where to stay (near Filipino communities, if any). 

Thank you.