Irish passport holder

Hi  I read on here that if you hold a irish passport the 90 day rule applies but you can leave the country for even 1 day and then return you are then able to stay for another 90 days, I know I saw a post about this but can't find it now, can anyone confirm this and would crossing over the border to Turkey count as leaving Cyprus ?

As Northern Ireland and Eire are still in the EU I think that its highly unlikely to be checked or applied, much the same as when UK were in the EU nobody here bothered about checking stay limitations of EU nationals.  Plus in that scenario I doubt crossing the border to the Illegally Occupied Area of the Republic of Cyprus  would be a problem.

Right now due to covid restrictions its likely to be a problem

Toon Northern Ireland is not still in the EU - but...

"People born in Northern Ireland have the right to Irish as well as British citizenship.

Those who exercise that right will retain their EU citizenship, something not available to people elsewhere in the UK who may have only British citizenship.

The consequences of this range from the mundane to the profound.

People travelling on Irish passports will be able to use EU/EEA lanes and e-gates at airports.

Those with British passports will not."

Jim

To all intents and purposes for travel on Irish passports they are likely to be treated as such by retaining EU FoM rights .....but I take your point

Northern Ireland is also no longer legally in the EU Customs Union, but remains an entry point into it, creating the Irish Sea border, a de facto customs border down the Irish Sea.

As an Irish passport holder living in Cyprus now for a number of years, i have never had any issue regarding this 90 day rule, because as far as i am aware as an EU citizen you are free to live in any EU Country without restriction.

As stated above if you live in Northern Ireland you can choose to have dual citizenship by holding both a UK and Irish/EU passport.

As regards travelling between the North and South of Cyprus, again it has never been an issue for me. The only catch with that is if you fly directly into the  North part and try to leave through larnaca or Paphos Airports you could be in trouble as you are not officially in the country.

Im no expert in this area but this is just my experience.